Let's clear some things up.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ihazpiez87, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihazpiez87

ihazpiez87 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +21
    So as you guys may have heard, I am done playing on the server. I may be on around 10 minutes, but I will not be playing or chatting, unless pmed. This will later spread out to a week, as it is hard to just straight up quit the server. I still have a few friends who need to be informed about this, also. Anyways, one question I keep getting asked is why? Why are you quitting? Well this is because of an incident that has happened about 2 weeks ago. I was being a total jerk, I will admit. Anyways, I was live streaming on twitch while doom tped me to his vault. He showed me his eff7 that he had and started dropping it at high places and telling me that of I got it, I could keep it. Anyways, he ended up dropping it near me as I ran for it and picked it up. I was in shock when I realized this had happened. I immediately logged off and informed all my friends that I had gotten dooms pickaxe because he ended up dropping it near me. Skip to 20 minutes later, I found out it was matrix's pick that doom was borrowing. I was so happy I started another twitch stream. I was in a skype call with some friends in this stream, and we were, I will admit, rubbing it in matrix's face that we got his pick. This set a ton of the server to get really mad at me. Also, I will inform you that also during the stream revan had force tped me to her and told me to give the pickaxe back. I realized that if I didn't give it, I would be banned. I did the right thing there luckily and gave it back.Skip to today and I have around 40-50 percent of the server hates me, even tho the pick was returned. So that is why I am quitting, once I got enough hate towards me, it had just bugged me enough to make me quit. I will miss everyone, including mr_doom_bringer and matrix_rep. Thanks for making this a fun experience for me guys. I never expected to get this far. Any questions / comments I will be happy to reply to below.

2. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Nobody hates you because you took the pick, in fact it's pretty admirable that you returned it. The fact that you then asked for money to pay for the pick you got for FREE is what really pisses everyone off. If you hadn't done that, then you'd be fine.

3. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +591
    I don't see this as a reason to quit. Everyone makes mistakes along the road and some will affect you more then others. If ECC gets stressful, I take a break anywhere from an hour to a week or more. People will move on from being mad at you. For example, once upon a time a player cheated at a spawn competition. At first, the large majority of the players were very angry. However, as time passed, people let it go and several forgave him.
    Whatever you do, good luck on your future and remember that not everyone hates you :)

4. Emau

Emau Anti-PVP Miner
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +695
    If this is true, I would consider this an abuse of power. While I may not acted like you did, the fact that you picked up the pick off the ground gives you full rights to it. She shouldn't have been able to force you to return it.

5. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +591
    If this was my server, that's how I would have resolved it. However, to be a true "hardcore economy", then that shouldn't have happened.

6. Pellagia

Pellagia Ecoleader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +785
    Look people make mistakes. Everybody does. I am a prime example. You don't see me quitting the server? I did the exact opposite, I came back, applied for staff again, and made it back on the team. There is no reason to make rash decisions due to negative backlash, no matter how bad it seems at the time.

7. ihazpiez87

ihazpiez87 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks for all of your opinions so far guys, as of now I am still done with the server, but I have reconsidered possibly coming back in a month or so, I'm just done for now, might be 2 months, might be 3. But thanks again for everybody's opinion.

8. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,086
    Why has this not been locked yet lol

9. Pellagia

Pellagia Ecoleader

Ratings:
    +785
    Alright, as you know we do not allow Goodbye threads. Therefore this will be locked. Hope to see you back soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.