@jqm1e_

Discussion in 'Denied Contracts Archive' started by ldw116, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldw116

ldw116 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +387
    IGN:
    ldw116

Users Involved in this Contract:
    @Jqm1e_ or Jqm1e_

General Purpose of Contract:
    Rules for JQ to stay in the town of store

I (the contract initiator) agree to the following terms, and agree that my failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract, as outlined in Rule 3:
    I will not evict @Jqm1e_ for at least one week

The other user(s) involved with this contract must agree to the following terms:
    @Jqm1e_ will pay a 1500 ecd fee for grief already done
    @Jqm1e_ will pay a further 500 ecd for every future block of grief, number of blocks will be determined by a grief report
    @Jqm1e_ will pay a further 1000 ecd for every user who he griefs in said report
    @Jqm1e_ agrees that he will be removed immediately upon a future grief report and agrees that he forgoes his right to a 3 day eviction process though he will still receive the 3 days to claim his lwc items.
    I agree that the terms in this contract are subject to all of EcoCityCraft's rules, including the rules listed specifically in this forum. I understand that the contract may be affected by future changes in EcoCityCraft rules and server updates, and I accept that due to the possibility of such changes, this contract may be at my own risk. I understand that the contents of this contract are subject to staff assessment, review and approval before it is a binding contract under EcoCityCraft rules. I accept that action may not be taken in case of a breach of contract if appropriate and sufficient evidence is not provided of such.:
    yes

2. Jcmie

Jcmie Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    I accept

3. ldw116

ldw116 Builder

Ratings:
    +387
    use this:

IGN:
    <your in-game name.>

I, as another party to this contract, agree to the terms laid out for me to uphold, and understand that failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract:
    <Agreement to the terms laid out in the contract post, yes or no.>

4. Jcmie

Jcmie Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    I Jqm1e_ Agree to this conntract.

5. Jcmie

Jcmie Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    IGN: Jqm1e_

I, as another party to this contract, agree to the terms laid out for me to uphold, and understand that failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract:

I Agree, yes.

6. ldw116

ldw116 Builder

Ratings:
    +387
  7. ldw116

ldw116 Builder

Ratings:
    +387
    It has been nearly a week and no response from staff, assistance would be useful

8. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    @ldw116 @Jqm1e_

I apologize for the delay in getting even a staff reply on this contract. But the entire structure of this contract has simply too many problems to go forward simply due to its potential for predatory abuse.

It's not simply this case (although Jqm1e's apperent lack of knowlege of contract rules are a decent example) but users who would sign these contracts, especially post-grief are usually builders, unaware of their rights and the rules in regard to evictions, item seizures, rule enforcement/punishments, etc. - In effect, this entire contract leaves open the possibility that someone may use it to extort money from builders who griefed a few blocks on the (errenous) threat of losing their items or a ban.

Furthermore, while $500 per block may seem like only a paltry amount, it has the potential to add up to quite a lot even when not counting the "each user griefed" clause. If, say, 30 blocks are destroyed in a grief by a user that'd make up a $15,000 debt alone for a builder which is quite excessive and more likely than not, they'd just quit and go to some other server rather than be heavily indebted on this one. We're not in the business of trying to sign builders into contracts that result in them getting banned or quiting due to literal debt bondage.

And while I don't accuse you of the intent to defraud users, the possibility of abuse for these types of contracts is simply too much. And either way, if we were to assume good will, rational decision making, etc. with the parties, then we wouldn't be here making this contract because it'd all be unneccessary. But that isn't how ECC, or real life for the matter, works.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.