I'm trying to come up with a game plan. (Advice Needed)

Discussion in 'Economy & Market' started by Lantias, May 12, 2022.

1. Lantias

Lantias Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    I joined about 3 years ago. I took a hiatus, and for the sake of trying to be transparent, I got banned (I got my account back, obviously) because I stopped playing while I was in the process of making payments for a tool. For this reason, I'm not even going to try to rent tools to get to my goal.

What I'm trying to decide is, if I should apply for Mayor now, or if I should save to outright buy a tool first. The tool I have in mind is a L1 Hoe to farm wheat.

What I'm currently doing to grind ECD is fishing during the day while I'm working since it's about the most brain power I can contribute to MC. I'm also farming wheat and doing small jobs for other players when I'm not working.

TLDR (And my main question.)
    Should I go for the tool before mayor, and is the L1 hoe the best choice?
    Also, the reasoning behind your answer?

Thank you for your time! :)

#1 Lantias, May 12, 2022
    Last edited: May 12, 2022
  2. yzerov

yzerov Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +2
    Tough question because while going with a tool first is definitely a good choice, if it's going to not be as fun for you...maybe go for the town first. During the time when you arent grinding for ECD you want to have something to do. Otherwise, the hoe seems like a good choice, maybe even an l1 fishing rod if you like a more passive way of making money. I'm sure you can find a deal out there for one one of them

3. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +435
    Go for mayor if you want a large area of land

4. Lantias

Lantias Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks guys! I might go for a l1 rod if I can find one cheap. How much do they usually sell for?
    I already have a piece of land marked out and ready but I'm not really sure what I want to do with it. I thought about setting up my own farm, but there are public farms already to use. I want to have my own town, but it's not a priority yet. I feel like it would be a more efficient use of my time to grind for a tool that will make grinding easier xD

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Go for mayor 100%. L1 hoes are only going to get cheaper, and with all the town apps being placed, it’s better to get one in sooner

6. Lantias

Lantias Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks! I have everything except for the signs set up for my town, so I think I'll do that on lunch and get my app in after work!

Thanks everyone for your advice <3