How does selling books work?

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by _Narp_, Mar 28, 2020.

1. _Narp_

_Narp_ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    If I wanted to sell written books via buy sign, would I only be able to sell one specific book per sign? Would I be able to sell a bunch of different books with different things in them with the same sign? Or would I only be able to sell copies of the same book?

If I wanted players to be able to sell written books to me via sign, would it have to be a sign for that specific book copy?

2. _Narp_

_Narp_ Builder

Ratings:
    +5
    Just realized that this might not be the right forum for general questions. Feel free to ignore me if I’m in the wrong place

3. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
    Hi, so when you write and sign a book, it gives the book a unique ID tag based off of its contents, so each unique book you write will have to be sold from a different chestshop.

As for being able to buy written books off players, I do not think this is possible due to the above reason.

However you could have multiple signs on 1 chest, meaning your shop layout will be more compact, to do this, do not put anything in the chest, place each sign on the chest to create a chestshop, once you have done this, you will then have to right click each sign, holding each unique book, this means that every sign on that 1 chest will act as a chestshop for that particular book.

I hope this makes sense, I've only done limited testing working this out, if you need more advise, it's best to speak to @Pbrassant as he is familiar with how books are sold.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    #3 iSneaky, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  4. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    For the most part everything @iSneaky said is very accurate! Only real thing I would add on is if you want to write a book and sell multiple copies of said book, have an original copy, and then make copies of the original, you can stack copies in stacks of 16, and fill an entire chest or doublechest with these copies and sell however many of that one book as you would like! I do recommend that you put a sign above the chest informing users what book is being purchased because on the chestshop sign it will not be showing the title of the book!

Sneaky's information regarding selling multiple books in one chest is accurate, each type of book needs an individual sign, and you wont be able to just buy any written book from users, you will need to have it in order to make the chestshop! if any of this does not make sense go ahead and catch me ingame and I can show you examples!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. _Narp_

_Narp_ Builder

Ratings:
    +5
    Thank you guys! This is very helpful.