Help needed! (money advice)

Discussion in 'Economy & Market' started by vampire_DBR9, Aug 27, 2014.

1. vampire_DBR9

vampire_DBR9 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm probably not the only one in ecocity craft that is in need of money.
    Currently I have been saving for a month and all I have recieved is 5k!

And don't say PVP or lotto because for lotto people put in more than 100 tickets and I can only buy five! (I won't win)

ps Any money donated will be greatly appreciated even if it does not seem much to you

#1 vampire_DBR9, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. Ian_Morrolan

Ian_Morrolan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +12
    Hmmm....if you mine fairly deep in wild lands (around y-14) you'll find some pretty good material. You'll get no xp, but the money is better (at least until mining world resets.) Farming also earns you decent money. I'm no money guru by any means, but I can generally pull in about 3-4k per hour. That's with no enchanted tools or anything....I understand the cash really rolls in once you have those.

3. LRP85

LRP85 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    You must hardly be playing or not doing much to earn money. I got resident plus fortune 3 in five days. Just mining and buying and selling items in auctions. Not that hard really.

4. vampire_DBR9

vampire_DBR9 Builder

Ratings:
    +0
  5. donkey5k

donkey5k •| The Legendary Donkey |•
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +492
  6. EraNow

EraNow President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,311
    I see you're a resident, however, I think I can help you out with your money making strategy.

I see you've spent three weeks, only to come up with $5,000. Our server is a "hardcore economy", however, that doesn't make it impossible. There are several ways to make well over that in an hour, and shouldn't take too many hours of work to get the proper equipment.

Pumpkin Farming:

Best tool: Eff 5 Unb 3 axe (15k)

Yes, 15k seems like it might be a lot of money for you. However, keep doing what you're doing to put the dollars together, like you did to rank up, and eventually you'll have yourself a pumpkin axe. With this axe, you'll also want to buy what's called farm perms. Essentially, players make 200x200 towns in to giant farms, and players can buy access to those farms. Farm perms are very cheap, and you can sometimes get them on a payment plan. The only down side to this is it gets fairly annoying and boring.

Mining:

Best tool: Eff 5 Unb 3 Fort 3 pick (20k)

Mining falls under the "high risk, high reward" category. There is a lot of danger with mining, and without donations, it can be very easy to lose your items. If you do choose to go mining, I would highly suggest making sure you have around 40k to spend. You'll need Protection 4 armor, Fire Protection 4 armor, and Falling Feather 4 on the boots. Ontop of this armor, you'll need the pick in order to be truly successful while mining. Despite the high cost for getting started, taking this route can leave you at a nice profit of about $10,000 an hour, if you mine in the mining world.

I started off my ECC career farming. I made lots of money, and eventually, I stepped up to mining. I'd highly suggest doing the same, it will lead you on the path to success, and hopefully one day, I'll join you as an Eco-Legend :)

PS: I commented this on your other thread
    PSS: I'll be making this it's own thread, so all players can find it easily.

7. pocketMAD

pocketMAD Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +17
    if you work hard...you get money!

So if you mine....you get money!
    Farm? Guess what? You get money!

#7 pocketMAD, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  8. silentsniperz

silentsniperz Builder

Ratings:
    +18
  9. nicho144

nicho144 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +22
    What i do to make some fast-ish cash, is bid on auctions. People are just giving away nether stars and other really good items that you can re-sale for more. Just be careful, because there are a lot of jerks who will not hear your bid. Also, if you do want to take your chances, do lottery. Try around 3-6 AM (central mountain time), there is hardly anybody bidding at this time so its more like a 50-50 chance that you win (small amounts... 10 k max win average).

Other ways are like fishing and mob grinders, but I wouldn't recommend those for impatient people. I'm not saying you are, but if you are stick with the auction and late lotto.

10. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Vote once a day, get three nstars, sell to market for $600 each, make 1.8k just off of that. It's really not that hard to make money here, you just have to put in a little effort.

11. grfff3

grfff3 Builder

Ratings:
    +3
    Try joining SG matched without people with kits in it, this might be hard but just leave if there are some. Basicly if you've got decent internet connection and jump around the player youre attacking while attacking them they wont hit you much and with that way i made about 15k in one morning. also (great way for money) try buying or creating a farm with a portal and sell perms to it. the starter investment is huge but once its a nice farm and people are looking for farm perms money rolls right into your pocket. also i have a farm where i sell perms to and i farm like hell sometimes. when your sugarcane farm is big enough you can make 10-15k in an hour without buying fancy tools for it.

12. bobman3355

bobman3355 Mayor
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +866
    I would recommend mining with a diamond pick until you get like 15k then see if u can buy a pumpkin axe those work very will u could also have to around 20k and buy a fortune 3 pick. When i was builder and resident i made almost all of my money off survival games but there were no kits back then. If u buy kits sg is a great source of money and is currently my main source of money (i think ctoolme made like 1 mill in a week off of it) although i do own an eff7. u could also by perms to a big farm and farm stuff there. If u get a pumpkin axe u will also need perms to a large farm. I would not recommend emerald farms since they randomly removed my perms without any reason to do so.

13. pocketMAD

pocketMAD Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +17
    Earn money, buy a 30x30 plot, put a cocoa farm on it, and there you go.