[Guide] Builder $tarting Guide

Discussion in 'Basic Tutorials' started by Jikkzz, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Jikkzz

Jikkzz The Dragon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +90
    Hello ECC! :)

I spend a lot of time in-game helping out new members of the server and answering questions about ways to make money, so I decided to post a guide here that I can refer new players to in hopes of making their start in the server a little bit easier.

This guide may not contain the best or most efficient way of starting out, but this is what I did and what I believe to be the most straight-forward way to start working your way up the ranks of the server as a Builder.

I will not be including any in-depth information in this guide. This is just to give Builders a short, easy, straight-forward way to make money and get started. In the future, I hope to have the time to make more specific and in-depth guides. With that said, if you have any requests, let me know! I also welcome any comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism so I can improve these guides as I make more of them.

Introduction

Welcome to the server!

When you start your adventure here, your rank is [Builder], you have $0 in your balance, and nothing in your inventory -- but don't worry! You can type /kit starter to receive some food, tools, a crafting table, and materials. If you are ever in desperate need of tools or food, feel free to ask in /ch trade. However, don't abuse this as people generally love cute newbies asking for help, but frown upon excessive beggars.

Step 1: Start Mining!

To start making money, you'll want to follow the signs in spawn to the mining/build worlds and enter any of the builds by right-clicking the warp signs.

[​IMG]

Once you're in the mining world, pick any spot and start digging your way down or find a shaft already made by another player to get to a good mining level (9-12).

Now, mine your heart out and sell the ores you get by putting them in your hand and typing /sell hand. Alternatively, you can also do /sell <item name here>. I'd recommend selling everything to the server except for diamond. However, it's probably a good idea to save a few iron to make more tools in case you don't find any diamond right away.

To check your balance at any time, type /balance or /bal. Continue to mine until you have saved up at least $6,000.

Step 2: Buy A Plot and Farm Perms

Once you have $6k, you should find a town that is selling 10x10 plots for $1,000 or less where you can build yourself a house and storage area for your items.

Before you buy your plot, you should make sure the town has a large farm that is available to you to use. Some towns have farms that are free to use for members for the town, but others may require you to buy permissions to the farm separately from your plot. Your extra $5k should be able to cover this if necessary.

At this point, you can choose to continue mining or start farming and selling crops you get to make money. If you are using a town farm, remember to replant the crops!

Step 3: Purchase a Pumpkin Axe

Your next step is to buy a Pumpkin Axe as soon as you get 6-7k more. These axes have Efficiency 5 and Unbreaking 3 enchants.

[​IMG]

Some may also come with Fortune 3 or Silk Touch 1, but these enchants do not help you when farming pumpkins, and therefore are worth the same as a plain Eff5/Unb3 Pumpkin Axe.

With a Pumpkin Axe, you can run through rows of pumpkins and instantly pop them. The best part is, you don't have to replant them. Once you get good at it, you can make up to $15k/hr farming pumpkins.

Just remember that you will need to have someone with e-repair to repair your Pumpkin Axe before it breaks (or any tool with enchants for that matter). Players usually charge $150-200 per repair, but it is well worth it.

Step 4: Have Fun!

When you've made it this far, you're set. You can easily save up enough to apply for [Resident] ($15k), buy a bigger plot, blow all your money on the lotto, or whatever you wish to do!

Just keep in mind that there are many different ways to make money on the server.

Making friends and trying new things will add a lot of value to your experience, as well as help increase your balance!

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #1 Jikkzz, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  2. Ctoolme

Ctoolme :: Most Wanted ::
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +416
    That is awesome! :)

3. 0TheRedHerring0

0TheRedHerring0 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

EcoDollars:
    $175,286
    Ratings:
    +360
    I'd like to add a few thoughts. First, I think you need to smelt ores to ingots before you can sell them. Secondly, the First thing you should do when you get on is vote. Don't sell your n stars to the server. Instead, go to the spawn shops and sell there, you can get more than twice the server price. Also, if you are strapped for cash, coca bean farming is something I would recommend
    You can make good money, and no expensive tools or perms are required. Coca beans don,t require contact with the ground, just with jungle wood, so they can be stacked on tall trees and are very efficient if you are farming a small plot.

4. tom13king

tom13king Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +20
    Good guide, but I personally find mining very inefficient. I would recommend selling netherstars to other players. The minimum amount of nstars you can get in a day is 6, which is normally worth at least $1000, which is enough to buy a plot. Now, you have a house in, what, 10 minutes or less?

*Edit* I meant a plot, not a house. You still have to collect materials for a house (a few tall spruce trees will get a small shack).

#4 tom13king, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  5. BGibbs2306

BGibbs2306 Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    Sweet, thank you for the tips! I am quite new to the server and am trying to make some money. I have just been selling my Nstars so far to make a living. Bought a plot and live in a town with free farming. I should be making some money soon! :)

6. FuryFudge

FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,325
    Nice Jikkzz ! Very Good! It's time someone did it! Amazing job!​

7. Jikkzz

Jikkzz The Dragon

Ratings:
    +90
    It's a bit out of date now, but thanks :)

#7 Jikkzz, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  8. FulHoRAAA

FulHoRAAA Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    What texture pack is that in the pictures?

9. Jikkzz

Jikkzz The Dragon

Ratings:
    +90
  10. JerichoKross

JerichoKross Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +97
    I'd like to add that when you first start, its not a bad idea to use '/wild land' as opposed to going to the mining world. This would be so you don't lose all of your belongings to mobs before you've made any money. Although mobs are rare, it's a good precaution. I listen to music while I play... I lost everything I had gathered to a creeper before I was even a resident because I didn't hear him behind me... Sneaky bugger!!!

11. owenred10

owenred10 Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Great guide!

12. MIR121

MIR121 Builder

Ratings:
    +25
    Very useful guide!

13. Potatoz4u

Potatoz4u Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +34
    Pumpkins still worth it?

14. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    Necro much?

15. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Why not actually answer the question and try to help them, instead of criticizing them?

@Potatoz4u, yes, pumpkin farming is a great way to make money and well worth it. This tutorial is a lil dated though, a pumpkin axe costs around $10k now. Might be able to buy it for less, depends on who is selling. /warp Hawaii sells perms and has both pumpkins and melons there! Maybe when you get tired of pumpkins, you can make enough to rent a melon sword. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  16. Potatoz4u

Potatoz4u Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +34