[Fishing Report] 1 Hour

Discussion in 'Economy & Market' started by lambiser, Feb 25, 2018.

1. lambiser

lambiser Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +906
    Stats at beginning: Level 5 (or 6) Fishing McMMO.

Stats at end: Level 8 Fishing McMMO.

Biome fished in: Ocean

Rod Used: Max Rod

Place of fishing:
    [​IMG]

Outcome:
    73 Fish- $1460
    32 Salmon- $960
    15 Pufferfish- $600
    2 Clownfish- $100

Profit: $3120 ECD

EXP Gained: 435

EXP Profit: ~460

Overall Profit: $3580 ECD

Conclusion:
    Fishing makes decent money for starter McMMO levels. I have to go explore with melon farming and pumpkin farming to see if this is the best way to start making decent cash in ECC.
    (I also assume that if a builder rented a star rod, they would end up with the same stats as me.)

Note:
    I'm surprised I didn't get bored, if you listen to music/podcast/youtube video on another device, time can fly by.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    #1 lambiser, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Thanks for the statistics @lambielove !
    I will pay for 1 hour of rental for a star rod from @Ladyvamptress if she agrees so that you can see what difference that would make for you as long as you again share your results.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. lambiser

lambiser Builder

Ratings:
    +906
    Will do! :)

4. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    You’re such a sweet and helpful person. <3. I have never denied Lambie the ability to rent from me. Obviously she needs pyro+ to rent the Eff7, but everything else she just needs to be mayor+ (which she is). She’s never asked tho, I assumed she didn’t want to rent star tools from people. She’s paid for me to dig her tunnels in mining a few times and seemed happy with doing that. I know some people don’t want to rent star tools due to the risk of breaking them. I’ve actually had 3 tools broken in about 1 month and it does put a lot of stress and strain on the renter who is trying to replace the tool. However, if she wants to rent a star rod, I certainly can set her up. :)

#4 Ladyvamptress, Feb 25, 2018
  5. lambiser

lambiser Builder

Ratings:
    +906
    I thought I made an application to rent a star rod. I assumed you denied me because you didn’t respond. xD
    Edit: Turns out I didn’t, misunderstanding on my part. I’ve been looking for you in game but I guess I just didn’t see you! I will talk to you when I see you online. :)
    I mostly did the max rod because I assumed that builder (aka people of my MCMMO) would be starting out and maybe only able to rent a star rod. Love you both.

#5 lambiser, Feb 25, 2018
  6. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    so using the average of about what seems to be 15k an hour. A person would spend 5k renting it for an hour. then make triple that back. so its about 10 +/- 3K an hour using a rented rod.
    This doesnt really seem to be that good unless you have your own star rod. As of right now, all other star tools make at least 15k an hour. So if you're really into fishing, the recommended route would be to rent out another star tool (melon sword, eff7, eff10) and save money to getting yourself a rod.
    Does this sound about right?
    And what are the prices for a star rod rn?

#6 LaggyTryHard, Feb 25, 2018
  7. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    Without taking EXP in to account the average ECD intake is averaging at 11.5k. Not everyone sells EXP, since it has other uses, like for the Mending enchant, to make other max tools for sale, to combine or name things in an anvil... or even to save up for the EXP collector medal.

Adding EXP to the total, even at a rate of $1/orb, it can take the average ECD intake to more like 20k, just going by strong's results alone.