(ECC Wiki Submission) EcoCityCraft Begginer Guide

Discussion in 'ECC Wiki Team & User Submissions' started by peder5, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peder5

peder5 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    1. My article is a begginers guide to ECC with the very basics. What the goal of ECC is, how to make money, different money making strategies, and quotes from some of the more sucessful players on the server.
    2. Here is code. :D
    Code:
     =EcoCityCraft Starting Guide =

== What is EcoCityCraft? ==
    EcoCityCraft is a Minecraft Multiplayer Server with a main goal of enabling hardcore economy game play for all Minecraft fans. Armed with an array of complex economy plugins, EcoCityCraft first appeared on the Minecraft multiplayer server stage in _____. The server was a huge hit and is currently often seen in the top 10 list on Minecraft-Servers.com and on Minestatus.com. EcoCityCrafts plugins enable users to sell and trade goods to gain "Eco Dollars." Those "Eco Dollars" may be spent to rank up inside the server and to create protected towns and nations for everyone's enjoyment. 

== First Day on EcoCityCraft ==
    Upon joining the server by using the address mc.ecocitycraft.com, you appear in the spawn area in front of a list of server rules and a welcoming message. Upon the first entry into the server, a welcome message will also display itself in chat. A large amount of portals leading to various locations in the server’s vast 12,000 by 12,000 block world will also appear. The first step to a healthy career on ECC will most likely be to locate one of four wood-block "Wild" portals. Once entered, the portal will teleport you to a large open area in which you can start making money for absolutely no fees, whatsoever. You will probably want to start off by trying to move far away as possible from the "Wild" portal until he comes to a clear area. Next, you will most likely want to find a hidden area to make a first base of operations until you can afford to buy a plot in a protected town. The easiest way to start making your first base is most likely to use the information below.     

===Kit Starter===
    The Kit Starter, a vital piece of equipment for any EcoCityCraft begginer, can accesed by typing, /kit starter, into your keyboard. It comtains the very basic supplies for Minecraft survival such as ten wood, ten charcoal, a set of all wooden tools, porkchops as food and torches. This is a great way to get the neccasry materials to start a mining operation in the wild or to start building a first house. This command can be used once per day and is a very typical way for begginers to start makin some easy cash.            

== Making Money ==
    Below are four common ways of making money on the server:

===Farming===
    One of the most widely used ways of making money is farming. It is also one of the simplest and most efficient ways to make money, often bringing in up to 5K on a full 200 by 200 farm. Most 200 by 200 farms can be rented out for a fee of 1K to 3K, depending on how many levels there are in the farm and how full it is. Some of the more trustworthy rentable farms on the server are Sizsizma's and Merzi 200 by 200 farms which can be rented for 1K per hour; Da_Tirow's 200 by 200 farm which can be rented for 4k per hour; and _______________________________________.

===Mining===
    Also similar to farming is mining, although it's not as popular as it once was. It is a very commonly-used strategy of making money, although with more mixed results compared to farming. Mining, although cheaper than farming, can turn in very uncontrolled results, while farming can safely bring in up to 5K per hour. Mining for 1 hour can bring in 3K per hour, tops, with an average of 1K. Although a lot more inefficient than farming, mining may be a good way to start off your EcoCityCraft career because of low starter prices. It is advised though to rent out a farm after enough money mining has been made.
    ===Shops===
    The last and final way of commonly making money on the server is selling valuable goods at shops and stores in high traffic and well-known areas, such as the Spawn and popular towns. You need to acquire residency before this method of money-making because trade signs are needed to sell goods to other users while you are not on. This is a resident-only feature and cannot be acquired by non-residents. You may also have to buy a plot in high traffic to build your store. This will cost more money and cut down on the amount of profit you can get after all the expenses are added up.

=== Voting ===
    Another way to easily make money is to vote for the server by going online and typing, ecocitycraft.com/vote, into your browser. A page will pop that will give over 5 vote options! The two main votes, main vote 1 and 2, are the two votes that can reward you with 250 Ecodollars for every vote and 16 pork chops. when you click on one of the two main vote buttons you will, for main vote one, come to a screen which will ask for your in-game-name and to type in a verification code to make sure you are not a computer. Once this info is typed in the money will be added to your account! (You must be online to receive the Ecodollars and food.) The same for main vote 2, although you only have to type in your in-game-name. For main vote two the vote option is located on the left side of the screen.

== Selling Items==
    After all the talk about different ways of stacking up the cash, you're probably wondering how to sell the items you have worked so hard to get. There are two possible ways of selling. Both will be explained here.

=== Sell Command ===
    Items can be instantly sold by using a simple, server-wide, command. The command, /sell hand, is written into chat and will sell whatever item you are holding in your hand and all similar items in your inventory. This is a very basic command that will probably be how most of your resources are sold. Some things, such as diamonds and all damageable tools - armor, picks, shovels, etc. - cannot be sold to the server and must be sold to other players by either, selling the item in a store, trading it to another user or auctioning it off using the method below. More info on using the sell command and all other things regarding money can be found out by typing, /help money, into chat. A entire help section will be available to you there.

=== Auctioning ===
    Another way to sell items, the auction channel, is a way for players to tell the community what item they are selling and for what price. It appears as a blue color in chat and can be tapped by typing /ch auc on your keyboard. All words entered into chat after that will come out in the auction channel. Once the seller posts what item, how much, and what price the item is selling for, other users can bid on the item until the price will go up no more. For diamonds, this is usually around 70 to 80 dollars per diamond. 

<big>
    '''Warning!

Using the auction channel to draw attention to yourself because it is a blue color is unacceptable and can get you banned! Only use the auction channel to sell and trade items with other users!'''</big>

==Quotes from the pros!==
    ===Mardigan_The_Mad (Moderator)===
    Mardigan, head of inter-town charcoal commerence, has a quote that is trie for any game you play, whether it by miniecraft or not! 

<big>''"Remember, being fully immersed within the game you're playing is the key to taking advantage of your experience."''</big>

===xxemuxx (President) ===
    Lottery pro, xxemuxx quote of choice is… 

''<big>"The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. We strive to thrive and make a day’s wage."</big>''

A funny quote from a funny man...

===Rush36 (President) ===
    Rush, a long time server member, has a quote that sums up ECC: Never give up!

''<big> "Strive for a goal and stick to it. You want to be president in 2 weeks? Work like a dog. Never give in to fake offers. Keep your money and be smart about spending."</big>''

===welikeike22 (President)===
    welikeike22, one of the oldest members of the server has two quotes on how being frendly and hard working on ECC can pay off in the end!

''<big>"Quality over Quantity. No matter how hard-pressed you are for money, pride yourself in making the best of the best. If you build it, they will come in droves."</big>''

''<big>"Kindness, generosity, and quality are the key to the hearts of the wealthy. The likely-hood of it is, one of your friends will become successful, and the friendlier you are to them, the further they will take you with them."</big>''

=== Zaneus (Mayor)===
    Zaneus, a recently made mayor, has a few wise words of advice for your very first day on ECC and how to gain enough money to make resident!

''<big> "Mining is the best way to get to resident. Go into a build portal and go at least 500 blocks out. Find a cave system and mine into the side of a deep part of it. Set your home there. Make a few chests and mine out enough room to grow some saplings. Lock your chests. Mine and sell everything you get to the server except some iron so you can make some more pickaxes. Sell redstone and profit and stockpile diamonds so you can sell them in an auction. Once you have at least 32 diamonds try to sell them and get at least 70 per diamond."</big>''

''<big>"Read and use the forums. There are a lot of useful things in there."</big>''

''<big>"Don't buy lottery tickets as a builder. 15 tickets is equivalent to how much it costs to buy Resident."</big>''

=== Shadow_Sock (Mayor)===
    Another mayor,  Shadow_Sock, has a few words on how to be a responsible builder and make your way up the ranks with dignity. 

''<big>"Stop asking for jobs: they are either underpaid or fake. Mine, mine, mine, mine. Then get a farm and farm, farm, farm. Don't be a loser, asking for money and loans. Only spend money on tools and don't build in the wild and start bugging the mods about being griefed. Building in the wild is a risk that you choose to take!"</big>''

===Relusto (Mayor) === 
    Mayor Relusto has a quote readable in every single language I know of. And the message it sends cannot be ignored! 

''<big>"Never go into the Lottery. Numquam in sortitio. Ne jamais entrer dans la loterie. 从未进入的彩票。 Nunca se meta en la lotería. Niemals in der Lotterie zu gehen. Mai andare in lotteria. أبدا الخوض في اليانصيب. Ga nooit in de loterij. Nikad ne ići u lutriji."</big>

3. I think my Wiki article should go into the Tutorial section of the Minecraft Wiki.

P.S: There is some info that I have not been able to aquire or do not know. All areas with a fill in the blank I do not know. I bet a more experienced player could easily fit in something. ;)

P.S.S. It has quotes in it from the following players... welikeike22, Zaneus, Mardigan_The_Mad. Relusto, xxemuxx, Rushdog36, and Shadow_Sock.

2. monkeyBUTT244

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +626
    I would like to see something about the starter kit. Also, the how to make money part is not exactly needed, seeing as we have a /help money command in-game.
    Otherwise, very good.

3. peder5

peder5 Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    Would you like me to remove the making money part?
    I will add something about the starter kit and then just edit this current topic.
    Also, do you have any answers for the blank area? Couldn't come up with something.

4. monkeyBUTT244

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +626
    Don't remove the WHOLE making money thing. Just add something about the "/help money" command, and remove the parts included in the command.
    In answer to your second question, I...have no idea. I just joined in, like, the 1.6 - 1.7 era.

5. peder5

peder5 Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok I made the edits and added another money making part, voting.
    For /help money command I just added that for more info you can type /help money into chat. Hope you are ok with just doing that...

6. iEvolive

iEvolive Epidexipteryx hui
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +136
    Will add for real on Monday. I honestly hate Easter long weekend, and so I pointedly refuse to so anything of worth until it's over.

7. peder5

peder5 Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, thanks!
    If you ever need another article done just PM me! :D

8. iEvolive

iEvolive Epidexipteryx hui
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +136
  9. peder5

peder5 Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    ok thanks! Updated my Wiki App with this new info!

10. Snail_Farmer

Snail_Farmer Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    What do you think the most profitable type of farming would be?

11. TomKFC

TomKFC Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +699
    holy mother of necro.. o.o

12. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    @peder5, if you would like this topic re-opened, you can ask any staff member to do so.
    @Snail_Farmer, this is not the place to ask your question, you are welcome to start your own thread in general discussion or help/support forum asking that question and discuss farms with members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.