ECC Town Ownership Rules FAQ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UnitedStates2, Nov 13, 2020.

1. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Hello!

I am happy to announce that ECC has brand new town ownership rules. These rules have been simplified/condensed in some areas, while expanded upon in others that needed clarification.

https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/wiki/ecocitycraft-s-town-ownership-system/

Please let me know if you have any questions at all about our rules on this topic. Feel free to ask literally anything here - I know there's a lot of confusion about how our admittedly complex towns system works, so I'm more than happy to clear it all up here.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Thanks for acknowledging our concerns United. I'm glad a resolution can be reached regarding spawn towns. With that said, will ECC administration be contacting the current owners of flat/unbuilt spawn towns in the coming weeks?

3. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Yes, we indeed will be. I'm going to go over each one as early as tomorrow and we'll discuss our plan of action.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Hi US2! Thank you for clarifying stuff in terms of towns, and again, I'm sorry if I came across as mean or annoyingly persistant against you and the rest of the people behind the scenes fixing the recent "issue!"

Everything about the spawn towns answers all of my questions, but I do have a few questions regarding the town rules you edited. If I'm wrong, then I apologize:

The part in red, shouldn't that be after 5 days if not transferred? At least to me, it sounds like the official owner can claim it between 0-5 days after the new owner is added, but after 5 days, the official owner cannot reclaim it back. Otherwise, an official owner can take it back two minutes after the contract is approved w/o reprocussions (at least that's how it sounds to me)

Unless rules changed recently and I didn't realize it, should it be specified that in order for it to be official, they would need to create a forum contract that staff approves?

One thing that wasn't specifically specified about spawn town ownership that I'm still wondering is if all owners of a spawn town become inactive six months+, can it be claimed by a town claim or would it immediately go to auction (assuming there is no Unclaimable town app attached to it).

Thank you and keep up the good work!

#4 Jdawger, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  5. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Yes, that's a typo. Fixing now!

No need for a forum contract. It can be proof of a town sale agreement conducted elsewhere. The risk is that it may not be sufficient, which is why it's always best to have staff look at and approve your contracts to ensure that it all has valid legal grounding.

Technically, yes, we have no rule against that. But in reality no, we're almost always going to auction spawn towns off. If there's high enough demand, it makes more sense to do a bidding competition instead of a totally arbitrary "first come first serve" basis of handing out spawn towns.

#5 UnitedStates2, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  6. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    I like that the administration has attempted to respond to community concerns over the increasingly arcane rules that governed “legal owners”, “co-owners” and “official owners”. I hope that the team is equally responsive in the future :)

7. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Yes, simplification is a big goal here. Our rules in many areas are, to put it succinctly, a mess. The #1 goal, above all else, is to make this all readable and easy to understand. This isn't a legal contract. This is rules for a Minecraft Server.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Thank you for the update to the rules. I'm curious though, if a user is perma'd, then do the co-owners have free reign to transfer ownership to themselves? Or does the perma'd user need to somehow give permission?

9. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder

Ratings:
    +6,302
    You'd need to have proof of permission to transfer beforehand. Or you could get a claim on the town.

On the other hand, if you can't do either, if you're able to demonstrate a compelling interest/tie to the town, that'll ensure it's safety from seizure as well.

10. LaggyTryHard

Ratings:
    +964
    Thank you for the clarification, I look forward to your mail regarding Nymeria.

11. LaggyTryHard

Ratings:
    +964
    Ah yes, I did have one further question:
    If the spawn town is successfully built to the standards of the admin team, will it be safe from seizure?

12. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Unless, in the case of a PermaBanned user with no other owners with a substantive tie, yes. If we do deem there to be an interest in preservation, we'll likely attach conditions in the auction.

13. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    Why hasn't the town of Nymeria been returned to the rightful owners yet? What is the reason for the hold up?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  14. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder

Ratings:
    +6,302
    We'll likely have ownership sorted out any minute. The two users involved are very close to coming to a mutual agreement as to the town's future. I'd be surprised if that isn't all settled by tomorrow. Thanks for the concern.