Deleting My Account

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by minookat, Jan 17, 2019.

1. minookat

minookat Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    I decided to go through my email to delete inactive website accounts and I've come across my one on here. I looked through the account panel and have found no option of either deleting or making this account inactive and wondering if I'm just missing the option or if anyone would be able to do that.

I have not been on this forum account in years. I no longer play Minecraft, and in this day and age of data breaches, I would like one less inactive account to deal with so I run less of a risk or worry about this getting breached and now both my inactive and active accounts associated with this email get ruined.
    So I really hope there is some way out of having this account.

2. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +291
    All I can suggest is either adding 2 factor authentication so it mades it extremely hard for someone else to access your account or to have your settings so you no longer receive emails from EcoCityCraft

How to enable 2 factor authentication: Go to the 'personal details' under your name in the top right corner. Scroll down until you see 'Two-step verification' click on that and follow the steps there.

How to disable emails from EcoCityCraft: Go to 'contact details' under your name in the top right corner and deselect all the tick boxes under 'Messaging preferences'.

#2 PyroTechnix_, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    We don't delete forum accounts.

If you'd like to minimize risk I'd always suggest maintaining unique credentials on websites you use, and managing via a password management service like 1password or lastpass.

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We don't delete forum accounts at this time.
    If you have any personal information you would like removed from our website, do reach out via forum PM.