By UnitedStates2 on Jun 24, 2019 at 4:32 PM
  1. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    It has been nearly a year since /sell hand on Main was disabled and our intentions to reset were announced and well over 6 months since the reset itself. With the reset, many things, such as towns, tools and money were lost as users had to start from scratch and build their way back up again on the new main. However, loans, albeit at a steep, 90% discount, passed onto main nevertheless. But that's about to change.

As of this post, any and all debts that were incurred on the main economy/towns server before the reset (October 27th, 2018), are null and void. These will not be enforced by the staff team, regardless of size or circumstance. Any and all users who are currently banned for breach of contract/scamming pre-reset will not be required to pay any compensation upon being unbanned. Simply put, in terms of debts, everyone is now on a clean slate from Archive.

Why are you doing this?
    This new policy was devised in context of the fact that we've been running for nearly a decade now, and as an economy server, there have been literally hundreds of thousands if not millions of different transactions undertaken. It simply isn't reasonable to expect users to have that good of a memory to have precise recollections of the details transactions undertaken years ago, let alone relevant evidence from that period. If you'd ask me about some loan I took out in 2015, of course I wouldn't remember - It's been nearly half a decade ago!

We could also, alternatively, have administrators do a logdive for each and every transaction. But that's impossible. We have lives, believe it or not, and undertaking such a tremendous task would basically bring administration to a standstill. No more time for staff management, tool searches, etc. - All the work we do is now chasing down various 2013 transactions. It'd be insane.

Will debts be reset again?
    Ask me again in 2030.

Seriously though, we have absolutely NO plans for any sort of reset, whether it be the entire server or just debts. Any and all loans you have made on main since the reset are safe and will 100% be enforced by the staff team.

So are you going to just let massive scammers back?
    Not quite. We go through each and every individuals history when they appeal for such offenses and decide whether or not to let them back, not only based on debt repayment, but also the probability that they will scam again. If we deem that risk unacceptably high, they will not be welcome back on the server, even if they technically owe nothing now.

Feel free to contact a staff member if you have any more questions that this thread doesn't cover. We'd be happy to answer. :)

Thanks.