Dear Stevie (Like Dear Abby, only for Minecraft advice)...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rh2wilson, Mar 23, 2021.

1. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91
    Here's the deal. I've got $10M and no idea what's happening on the 28th. I want a magic tool (pickaxe is my tool of choice), but I also want EcoLegend (currently EcoLeader) and I don't want to be broke if ECC 2.0 is a do-over! So what do I do? I could probably get a Magic L1 pickaxe and EcoMaster, but not EcoLegend. Or I could get EcoMaster/Legend and no L1 Magic pickaxe, or I could save my money and hope that it's transferred 1:1 when the hammer drops on March 28. But what if the price of ranks increases 10x on ECC 2.0? What if (like 2018) ECD is reduced by a factor of 0.9? What if I buy a Magic L1 pickaxe and tools cannot be transferred, or require ECD to transfer? I'm lost.

Please - give me some advice!!!

#1 rh2wilson, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  2. GoProDojo

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +271
    What do you plan to do with pick?

3. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon

Ratings:
    +91
    Thanks for the response. I mine a lot and do land clearing jobs. My current mining level is 1,578. I also run a couple of shops that sell ores, ingots, etc. at pretty decent prices. I suppose I could opt for an ECC pickaxe rather than the Magic L1, and save myself some $ there, but the hype suggests that magic tools would be necessary in the "new economy" of ECC 2.0. I really can't decide what to prioritize. EcoMaster is $2.5M and EcoLegend is $5M, so that doesn't leave much if I pull the trigger on both. I'm not sure why it's necessary, but lots of people are doing it prior to the 28th, so there must be a belief that it's a benefit in the future. There is very little official info about the changes that are coming (I'm not sure why), but...
    "Advice: - Become EcoLegend ASAP. - Upgrade your magic tools/items to their top levels. - Hoard your EcoDollars!"

Upgrading tools and becomming EcoLegend are not compatible with hoarding EcoDollars. :) I've got to do one or the other, it would seem. In some ways it's beneficial to be new to the game. Nothing to lose by making a bad investment decision.

4. GoProDojo

Ratings:
    +271
    Well if you are going based off Andrew advice. One piece is that upgrade your magic tools to max level or you are gonna regret it is what u said. So getting a magic pick you could, but you would need to spend extra to get it as high magic level as you can and use it to make real money and use the money for magic upgrade and ecolegend eventually.
    If you go ecolegend route than that’s immediate completion of one of Andrew’s but that’s it but that’s easy completion.

you could wait until the 28th for an announcement for better info until you do anything.
    You do have until 1.17 comes out and Andrew actually updates the server

5. 0TheRedHerring0

0TheRedHerring0 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

EcoDollars:
    $175,286
    Ratings:
    +360
    It’s been said that non max lvl magic tools will be in someway lost/unusable for ECC 2.0. It’s also been said if you don’t have max lvl magic tools there is no point in going for ecolegend. So if you’ll have the ability to upgrade the pick to lvl 3, go for it, otherwise save your money.

6. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon

Ratings:
    +91
    Yes, you're right. I suspect that the announcement on the 28th will forever change aspects of the existing game. For example, in 2018 the /sell command was shut down. The price of ranking up could also skyrocket with that announcement. So my ability to adapt to the situation after the announcement is likely to be limited. I think your point about the tool is absolutely correct though. I can't afford to buy the tool and have it fully upgraded before the 28th deadline, so maybe I shouldn't even try.

I'll wait to see what others have to say here before I spend the dough on EcoLegend, but that's the way I'm leaning now. Thanks for your reply!

7. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon

Ratings:
    +91
    I agree that it's possible that non max tools may not be transferrable. That's one way of tidying up the tool market going forward. I think there's always a benefit to going to EcoLegend though. Even if it's just for the prestige (no pun intended). The only downside I can see is that once you've maxed out the ranks, you're paying top dollar for towns that you might want to establish on the "other side" of this. Again, starting out as a Builder, Resident or even Mayor is an advantage right now, I think. Fun times. Thanks for the reply.

#7 rh2wilson, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  8. ChineseOverlord

ChineseOverlord ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +20
    if you chose anything, start with ECOLEGEND. Its the most realistically obtainable "hint" for 2.0 you can achieve.

Also, I quoted just that part of your post because I wanted to point out that the 28th IS NOT the deadline. The 28th is when we learn more about 2.0 and what it has to offer. We will not be switching to 2.0 until 1.17 drops, which is anywhere (at best guess) from 1-6 months out. We swap to 2.0 the day 1.17 drops.

I would say get ecolegend and hoard the rest of your money for now. Theres lots of cheap community chests or nice people *coughhitmeupingameorpmcough* who will let you rent some things cheap or free.

Everyone is freaking out, but I think in the end, we will all be okay. Everyone is over speculating, and there's one thing Andrew said in the VC over and over and over: "Our goal in all of this is to make EVERYONE HAPPY". Of course we will always have naysayers. Even I was upset about the prestige nerfs and sell nerfs just days after spending 40m on a L2 arm set and 3.5m on renting Bobby's chest, but after the VC and other chats with members, I feel a lot better about the situation and what is to come.

EDIT: I also don't agree with NOT going for ECOLEGEND just because you don't have max tools. I would get it now before the price and/or requirements increase.

#8 ChineseOverlord, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  9. ChineseOverlord

ChineseOverlord ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +20
    I change my last edit of getting Ecolegend after todays voice call. With ranks resetting, without max tools it probably is best to just stack the ecd.

10. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon

Ratings:
    +91
    Anyone care to revise their advice based on the latest leaks? I was leaning toward getting EcoLegend but all that's gonna get me now is a cool "Former EcoLegend" in the forums (not unlike my shiny "Ex-President" now. Worth $7.5M? I don't think so. But there's still the chance my $10M will be $1M or less if I try to transfer it. Now Max tools are looking more valuable, but without EcoLegend, useless. I think I'm doomed either way.

11. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon

Ratings:
    +91
    I agree, but it's still vague regarding what the ECD exchange rate will be. $10M could become $100,000. I guess it's better than $0, but I gotta be honest. I'm losing the will to go on here. I realize the economy is broken but I don't see how these changes are going to make anything any better. Those with multiple max magic tools will immediately dominate the new economy and everyone else will be the worker bees... Again.

12. GoProDojo

Ratings:
    +271
    Care to summarize today’s VC?

13. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +433
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Although I've been inactive for a few months now, I was hoping to return at some point, but at this point I have no desire to come back to all my stuff being wiped...

14. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon

Ratings:
    +91
    Okay, I'm rolling with it all now... and still haven't really made a move. I still have not purchased another rank-up and doubt I will if the only perk is to be able to carry over L3 Magic Tools (which I don't own) and have "Ex-EcoLegend" in my forum profile. Making a move at all will depend on the exchange rate between current ECD and the "new currency". If I'm going to get hosed, I will invest my ECD in a decent L3 tool - provided any are available as ECC 2.0 approaches. Otherwise, I'm savin' up.

15. GoProDojo

Ratings:
    +271
    If you don’t care about having ex ecolegend on ur forum post then you don’t really need to get it at all cause Andrew said he can’t stop players from just giving their tools to a ecolegend to transfer if they don’t have the rank themself to transfer the item to 2.0