[Contract] Sale of jump_suite

Discussion in 'Denied Contracts Archive' started by LameMan, Nov 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LameMan

LameMan The Lamest
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +295
    IGN:

@KoolAidManMc

Users Involved in this Contract:

@TheCravedOne

Terms of the Contract:
    • I will add @TheCravedOne as a region owner of jump_suite in server Main within 24 hours of receiving the payment.
    • I will permanently lose both owner and member status of the town immediately after adding the new owner; @TheCravedOne will become the new legal owner

• @TheCravedOne will transfer $35,000 ECD to @KoolAidManMc within 24 hours of the contract's approval.
    I agree to the terms listed above:

I agree.

• Potato Potato x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 LameMan, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  2. TheCravedOne

TheCravedOne ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +49
  3. TheCravedOne

TheCravedOne ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +49
    Sweet, thank you
    IGN:
    @TheCravedOne

I, as another party to this contract, agree to the terms laid out for me to uphold, and understand that failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract:
    I @TheCravedOne agree to the terms of this contract.

4. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Apologies for the delay here-

For this contract to be acceptable, you would need to be the official owner of the town in question. But you aren't; @wolfspy7 is and he indeed has a right to claim the town back if he so chooses. As such, you can't transfer the rights to become an official owner of a town without being the official owner in the first place.

You can still, however, simply sell legal and not official ownership rights of a town. Such a contract would be acceptable (as long as all parties are aware of the risks involved). If you wish to proceed with this, please remove the provision quoted above and have the other party reagree.

5. LameMan

LameMan The Lamest
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +295
    Fixed. @TheCravedOne please re-accept

6. wolfspy7

wolfspy7 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +408
    So if I kept selling it and then taking it back each time would that be considered some sort of scamming or would that be something they need to look out for?

• Potato Potato x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #6 wolfspy7, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  7. TheMansheep

TheMansheep Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +23
    If you sell it, as the rightful owner, that would mean you transfer ownership and lose the privilege of claiming it back.

8. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    actually needs to be stated in the contract when he sells it or he can actually just claim it back.
    If its a sketchy sale where hes like "youre now the owner" then he can just take it back. But if its stated in the contract that he can only do that if the guy who buys it is inactive for 6 months, then youre safe. Ofc you need to say that the contract can be used for proof for a future official town transfer

9. TheCravedOne

TheCravedOne ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +49
    I do not accept, for I would need official ownership of the town from @wolfspy7 himself. I'm not interested unless I have full legal control of the town. for that I say thank you for your time mods, and sorry for the inconvenience for those involved.

10. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
  11. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    It's not scamming - the latter is correct. It's on the due diligence of the people involved to make sure that they transfer the town promptly afterwards. Perhaps it'd be unethical, but it's not illegal unless you're deliberately misleading people/leading them to believe that the town can never be claimed back (in which case it'd fall under scamming or the attempt thereof).

No. Official Ownership is only transferred when a Town Transfer or Town Claim application is filed on the town in question. This can be done with the agreement of the official owner.

Clauses in the contract where the person in question explicitly agrees not to claim a town back are not enforced, nor should they be approved as valid provisions in a contract. It's, again, 100% based on the due diligence of the user purchasing the town to get it transferred in a timely fashion before it is claimed back.

I'm closing up this contract per request of one of the parties in question, but as far as the rules/legality regarding town ownership go: @LaggyTryHard, @TheMansheep and @wolfspy7 you're free to ask for further clarification in the help/support section of the forums or elsewhere and I'll be happy to answer and any all questions related to the rules at hand here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.