Confused about ranks and their relationship to towns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeckyTheBird, Mar 27, 2019.

1. BeckyTheBird

BeckyTheBird Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +6
    So i think i have correctly understood most of the mechanics of how the ranks work. But im making this post to make sure that i haven't gotten anything wrong and to clarify some stuff.

So first rank is builder. Where you can't really own any land but can live on land that is leased/sold/given by another place of higher rank who does own land.

Second rank is resident. You have to pay 15k to get from builder to resident. As a resident you can pay an 85k fee to buy a max of 1 town. Upon buying the town your rank automatically gets upgraded to mayor.

To get ranked president you have to be a mayor and pay an additional $180k. As president you have the option to buy an unlimited amount of extra towns for the prices listed on the additional town application

From there you can pay 1mil to become EcoLeader and "claim 1 town"?.
    The eco ranks (ecoLeader, ecoMaster, etc). It says stuff like "you you able to claim a total of 3 towns" (paraphrased) but can't you already get 1 town when your a builder and have enough money or over 7 towns as president?

2. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Resident-> mayor (85k) comes with a town, so you buy the rank which comes with the town if that makes sense- not the other way around.
    President doesnt come with unlimited amount of towns- i think its like 5 max or something but you can always buy from other players.
    Town claims are a thing where you can steal someones town if they are inactive for like 6 months.
    Yes but not really. Builders can be placed as town mayor (not the rank on the server) but they cant add or remove people.
    so if you want a town but only want you in it, then you can buy one if you want. (has to be bought from a player- not the server)
    Its also not worth it to buy the extra towns from president after a certain point cause it gets pricey. Better to just buy it off another player.

Then again i havent played for a while so my info might be out-dated. All info is detailed in the wiki section of the forums. GL

#2 LaggyTryHard, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  3. EtherealSquid

EtherealSquid Former ServerAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,155
    Basically:

Builder -> Resident (15k): Among other things, gives you the ability to use the /region addmember (/rg am) command, therefore allowing you to "co-own" a town if a town owner decides to add you as an owner. Server ranks and town ownership are completely different, you can be a mayor rank and be an owner of 1 town, resident and an owner of 6, whatever. Region owners are listed under the "/rg i" of a town.

There are basically three tiers of land membership: Member, Owner, and Official Owner. Members are anyone that's able to edit blocks in the land. Owners are people that can add and remove players from a town they are an owner of. Both of these statuses are visible in /rg i for the town. Official Owners are the people who actually claimed the land. They submitted the mayor/president etc application, were transferred official ownership of the town, or claimed the town (I will explain this in a moment)

Resident -> Mayor (85k): Ranking up to mayor creates a new protected region up to 200x200 in size, a "town" which you specify the coordinates of in your mayor application. You technically apply for mayor rank and get the town with it, not the other way around. This is a town that you and only you originally own. You can add players as you wish and nobody can remove you as an owner of this town unless you transfer ownership to someone with a contract. You can add other owners to be able to add and remove members as well, but you are still the official/true owner of the town as it was you who applied for the claimed land. Only you can apply for special town features like a town move, for instance.

Mayor -> President (180k): Exactly the same thing as resident to mayor. You get another 200x200 land claim, only you are the owner unless you add someone else as an owner. You get the president server rank and a few other things that come with it. You also get the ability to apply for more 200x200 land claims, costing increasingly more until you hit a cap of 500,000 per town. You can get as many towns as you want, but after you hit this cap they will all cost 500,000 each.

President -> Tycoon+ (500k): Tycoon and onward are mostly status ranks on the server. Aside from EcoLegend, which I will get to in a moment, the only major perk you get is a town claim. Tycoon gets 1, and each rank onward gets 1 more, with a total of 4 at EcoLegend. Town claims are used to make you an Official Owner, as if you had applied for the land yourself, of a town whose Owners are all inactive for six months+ or permabanned a week+. The idea behind this is that no one can be added or removed from the town if there are no more active owners, and the Official Owner cannot transfer the Official Ownership to anyone as they are inactive or permabanned. Therefore, if the inactivity requirement is met, you can use one of you town claims to have the Staff transfer Official Ownership of the land to you, just as if you had applied for the land yourself. You are added to the owners list of the town and can add and remove members just like normal.

EcoMaster -> EcoLegend (5m): Ranking up to EcoLegend will grant you a level of Prestige. Each Prestige level will give you a 5% bonus to anything you sell with /sell hand. If you normally sell a magma block for $1.00 to the server, it will now sell for $1.05.

That's all I can think of for now. If you have any more questions feel free to reply to the thread and I'll be happy to answer. :)

4. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I’m not sure if you’ve checked it out already, but read over our wiki. It’s got lots and lots of information! There is so much more to ranks than what’s just listed here like you gain more lwcs to lock items and the ability to get your own head. I would give the wiki a good read one day so you can get all the information on each rank and fully understand what benefit you get with each one. There is also ranks that allow you access to the nether and the end.

https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/wiki/all-applications/

#4 Ladyvamptress, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019