Community project thing for Spawn. Poll~

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MsMoofin, Jun 17, 2011.

?

Do you support the community project idea?

1. No - Let Andrew do things to spawn.

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. No - Spawn is fine how it is.

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Yes - And I'd like to participate.

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  4. Yes - But I don't want to participate.

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    (This totally isn't a waste of my time if we can't do it.. I am bored and need something to do. Plus it's good brainstorming. :l)
    So, here is the idea- I would like if we could have a community project thing to fill up spawn's corners. They are extremely bare right now.. Anyone a part of the project would supply the materials; we'd get nothing from Andrew, unless he wanted to supply us or the leader (I or him) to give out to the builders in the project - or if he'd allow things such as cobweb, glowstone, etc; though, he would place those, not us... We would do all the work. I think one corner at a time would be best. No distractions having to work on multiple things at once. Also, it'd be a good way to give some other people a chance to work, if we had different teams for each project. Not everyone can build everything, y'know.

I was thinking that there would be a small team of people (3-7) who work on a project. Since this is spawn and normally a protected area, people would need to have been around a long time (old map = long time), or post some kind of proof that they can build amazing things; and get along with people and listen to a leader/not just do what they want (they'd be kicked from the project if they weren't listening) ... I guess Andrew would be the leader, if he wants, or I would, since I'm the one coming up with the idea... o.o We probably don't want newer players, or those who can't build creatively, and those who would forget and ignore the project... We need dedicated, supportive people. Ones who don't get distracted and ditch a job. And preferably people who don't want in the project just to have permission in a normally protected area. :/ Not saying new players aren't loyal or creative, but I do hope it's understandable why I'd want older players. D:

Andrew would choose the people he'd allow. Or I can suggest people from those who show us examples of their work/time they've been on the server, etc.

Everyone can support/not support, though.. I'm sure other people find spawn to be very empty. D: Everyone can brainstorm, too; people who aren't able to help build can donate supplies, too.. And those who donate a lot I would definitely mention. :3

Star and I have brainstormed ideas so far, but other ideas are welcome to be brainstormed. (Even if this falls through and Andrew doesn't want us doing it at all, it's a great way to come up with ideas for peoples' towns.) And when you come up with an idea; actually have a vision for it. Try to, anyway. Just coming up with an idea won't help. There needs to be ideas WITHIN your idea. Let's say you came up with the idea of a park- What would be IN the park? How would be set it up? Flowers along the paths, or a garden? Both? A pond, maybe. Forested paths? IDEAS within ideas.

There are four corners, all pretty large.. They could have multiple things, or one large thing. Remember that.

Current ideas:

Museum- Ores inside (something Andrew would have to place), all the plants, blocks, etc. (Probably nothing nether-related. Depends, I guess.)
    Garden/garden paths outside of it, behind it, something, etc.

Re-do the pond in that one corner. Right now it is kinda just a death trap to newbies, and is a square/rectangle.. D: (No offence, BigD. :c)
    Was thinking it could be like a natural-shaped round/oval/whatever pond/lake, with lighted (lanterns/whatever) paths around it, seating areas, fishing shack (for looks; and since it was meant to be for fishing), a park with paths, etc.

Cemetery/graveyard. Lots of things that could be done with that. Could be a building, with or without multiple floors, out on the ground with fence/paths around it, could even have some small crypt/temple things. Or it could be creepy and go underground, too, and be all dark and dusky, with cobwebs, broken down things, etc.. Tons of things could be made. Could even be a statue of some fallen awesome member or something. o.o (Would have to be small, but still..)

Statues. >_> Simple.. Could be a statue(s) of lots of things.. Some 'legendary' member, a cactus, sugar cane, pumpkin, etc.

And.. that gave me an idea for a giant pumpkin, which could be used for the haunted house idea that was brainstormed.. It could have redstone stuff done to make it creepy. when pistons come in, those could be used, too. Would be dark, could have creepy, hidden note block songs, triggered by unseen pressure plates...

Haunted house is also like a creepy cave.. Or just a neat-looking cave. It could have some of every ore/mineral in it, a cool "underground"/cave pool, be like a maze, that would change once every long while (could be another server contest for diiamonds? I dunno), since caves/nature change. If monsters could spawn in protected areas, you could even spawn random monsters in there for hunts. >_> Would be a fun way to get points to win diamonds.

There could be a water park thing, too. Waterslide (I'dwanttorideaboatdownlol), with whirlpools, a pool, etc. Could even be a beach, with like a life guard stand or something.

2. dylnordstrom

dylnordstrom Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    The museum, & park/lake could probably be in the same area, I would suggest an atrium in the museum (to house plants). The lake could be in the very corner, with the museum along one of the main pathways (that are already there) and the park filling up the rest. It could be enclosed with a really cool fence (combo of blocks and fence posts -> bottom layer = all blocks, 2nd layer = mainly fence posts w/ blocks breaking up the monotony. The lake could have the fishing shack (wear we may be able to buy fishing rods from Andrew -> if he allows it) and even a dock leading out from that; and small seating areas with trees. The museum, like you said Moo, would have all the blocks, and other random things you can find in minecraft; and I think it should have an atrium (greenhouse) to house the plants, etc. The museum could have a huge Lobby area like most museums are known for and have everything else be around that central area (look at the Smithsonian and other museums back East). Try to make the museum as lifelike as possible (no massive floating glass roofs... they need support!)

Cemetery/ graveyard.... oh boy... you could do alot with that sucker. I think we should have an area for Griefers, and one for players that have been here a long time, and have left (or just die alot... o_O). the griefer area would probably be bigger, including crypts and those weird "shelf" units that are becoming popular (pretty much a hallways with shelves of dead people on each side).
    Along with the cemetery idea, we could also have a good worker area (I wasn't sure what to call it), where people that have worked hard on the server, done good things could have a monument to them w/ a plaque or something. I also remember reading somewhere on the forums that Andrew was going to hand out awards for best town, best building, etc (correct me if I'm wrong on this, I just remember that for some reason, it may have been that he was going to showcase a random town, building.... can't remember).
    Or just a big monument to everyone, and you get a plague on that if you are deemed worthy.

Water park... lots you can do here too. if you're going to have a water park, you're gunna have to do minecart ride(s). Cuz everybody loves a good minecart ride in my opinion. The water park could have a wading pool, "wave" pool, slides, etc -> like a regular water park. And then you could interject a couple minecart ride through out the park (maybe intersecting, going through water rides -> minecart track could be surrounded by glass and put underwater, etc). This is pretty much an area that could be made alot of fun.
    The haunted house could also probably be built inside the "amusement park". I would make the giant pumpkin hollow (big staging area where people can hang out) and then have the actual thing all be underground (that way you can easily hide all the redstone wire, etc). Maybe it can run into the graveyard and kinda view it through windows, etc, make it kinda creepy somehow.

That only takes up about 3 corners of the spawn area... what to do about the last one...

Maybe an area w/ a welcome building for new users (it could have the rules displayed.... since it seems like half the people that get on here don't read the forums... >_>). Along with more park area maybe.
    Maybe even a really fancy house for Andrew :D and a meeting building for mods near by.

WON'T do a courthouse, prison, etc cuz that need to be put in ECOCITY.

I have alot of specific ideas for this stuff. Just not enough time to do it right now. I will write more if you guys want.

3. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    One of the prominent people we'd want working on it...^

Nordstrom, I love your ideas <3 [:

4. dylnordstrom

dylnordstrom Builder

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Star!

(See new content... added alot :p)

5. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder

Ratings:
    +27
    Am I the only one who didn't pick first option ...

6. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    i guess so, Rez. o.o Few people have voted so far, lulz.

7. Glooble

Glooble Penguin

Ratings:
    +285
    I'd definitely like to see something like this happen, especially with Moo, Star, and Dylnordstrom working on it. And while I'm not the oldest member or most creative member of the server, I'd be more than willing to help out with anything.

8. dylnordstrom

dylnordstrom Builder

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm pretty sure if Andrew gives the go-ahead on this project, he'll be making sure nothing that is built is an eyesore. Actually, I expect him to do that. He can say yay or nay for each part completed (and he would probably be watching as everything is being built, so he could stop it before anything he doesn't like happens. This is all if Andrew approves it of course :)

So if there are people that are worried it will turn into something gross... stop worrying ;)

9. Sputnick587

Sputnick587 Builder

Ratings:
    +276
    Eh, I like the ideas. I'm terrible at creative building but I wouldent mind supplying things like cobble, torches etc... Any way I can help out :D

10. D0rc

D0rc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +110
    I could help get materials, but that's it as I'm not very creative, and I'm known to abandon projects, even still, I need my money for my town, I have like almost no money, so I might not even be able to help with getting materials ether, but I love the ideas flowing through your minds.

11. lord_shaxt

lord_shaxt Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +8
    I really love these ideas, I hope it actually happens

12. dylnordstrom

dylnordstrom Builder

Ratings:
    +2
    I have a bunch of stuff to clear out in my town, so if we need materials, we can probably get them from there (its a win-win)

13. dylnordstrom

dylnordstrom Builder

Ratings:
    +2
    Also, how do you get cobwebs Moo?

14. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    They're a spawn-able item [:

15. dylnordstrom

dylnordstrom Builder

Ratings:
    +2
    Shwat? So they're drops? or are they something only mods etc can put up?

16. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    No... They're only attainable by 'spawning' the items with mods >_>

17. dylnordstrom

dylnordstrom Builder

Ratings:
    +2
    Thats what I thought. haha :) thanks for clearing that up though.

looks like most people that actually check the forums are up for it though

18. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yay~

We just need Andrew to green light it <3

19. dylnordstrom

dylnordstrom Builder

Ratings:
    +2
    yeah! I wonder if hes read it yet... haha.

20. CordialBacon

CordialBacon Builder

Ratings:
    +284
    I like the amusment park and water park ideas :)