Change to inherited flags since TC3 added

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by kimi2QT, Mar 24, 2020.

1. kimi2QT

kimi2QT Ultra kawaii weeb
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +72
    So I previously found that all sub plots (first level and nested) inherited the flag values set on the parent plot (aka the town)

Originally my town was set to "block-break -g nonowners deny" which applied to the town, the buildings, and the plots inside the buildings etc. This prevented players from breaking blocks unless they were the owner of plot. I would add people as owners to the plot which allowed then to build and break within their plot, but as members of the building (due to irregular plot shapes) and to prevent grief to habitable structures.

I've noticed since TC3 was added this only applies to the town and the buildings, any plot that is nested 2 levels below where the flag was set doesn't inherit the flag anymore. In fact for anyone to break blocks in the plot they had to be added as an owner to the building as well

My attempt at illustrating this:

My Town Avalon (/rg flag block-break -g nonowners deny)
    My town building townhouse2 (inherits the flag set on the town) [full world height]
    My builder plot th2-2b (does not inherit the flag, has none set) [7 x 7 x 3] ​

I've had this happen with multiple users in the same area. the original set up underwent a lot of testing and was working as intended until i went to add a new player a few days ago.

2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I cannot find any issues with our town packages, nor has anything changed in this regard since the addition of TC3.
    • Please provide exact server, world and information of the region (location and name) you are having issues with.
    • Explain what you are attempting to accomplish in this region and I will then be able to check it out and assist you.

#2 andrewkm, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  3. kimi2QT

Ratings:
    +72
    I'm on MainNorth in Avalon, I listed the region names in my example. I'm trying to add players as owners to allow them to break blocks in their Apartment plots (which is a flag on the town that it should inherit). This was working but I recently tried to add a player and the flag value wasn't inherited. In fact they could only break block if they were added to the building plot.

The plots have balconies attached to them, so the player is added as a member to the building plot which allows them to place blocks, but not break them. It was @Videowiz92 that was testing plot perms with me originally, and we concluded this set up would work for my intentions.

4. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +435
    Plots have always inherited the flags of the parent region.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I will be able to assist you once you follow my instructions and give me the information I requested.

Server, world, region location (x,y,z), region name (/rg info), and exact goal/issue of this region.

#5 andrewkm, Mar 25, 2020
  6. kimi2QT

Ratings:
    +72
    I'm not disagreeing with this. I'm saying have a multiple plots that no longer do so. Thanks for comment

7. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +435
    Whoops I misread your original post.

8. kimi2QT

Ratings:
    +72
    MainNorth > Rising > 3263, 73, -8469 > avalonth2-1b > plot owner can't break blocks inside plot

this applied to multiple plots but this is where I tested owners and members of the plot recently and came across this problem. essentially child, child region does not inherit parent, parent flags.

#8 kimi2QT, Mar 25, 2020
  9. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    I had a look at the setup here at this location:
    If we consider this that she put.
    This is how the plot is set up.
    If we look at the /rg i, avalonth2-1b the parent region is avalon, which has all the correct intended flags. This plot is a plot inside the building where a player added as an owner SHOULD be able to both break and place.
    I got kimi ingame and we ran some tests:
    Test1:
    Player is not added to avalontownhouse2
    Player is not added to avalon
    Player is added to avalonth2-1b
    Player cannot break or place inside the plot.
    Not the way kimi intends it

Test2:
    Player is not added to avalonth2-1b
    Player is added as owner to avalontownhouse2
    Player is not added as owner to avalon
    Player can break and place inside the house(and the blocks of the townhouse plot)
    This is the way Kimi intends it

Test3:
    Player is not added to avalonth2-1b
    Player is not added to avalontownhouse2
    Player is added as owner to avalon
    Player can break/place anywhere on the plot.
    This is the way Kimi intends it.

If we look at the /rg i, avalonth2-1b the parent region is avalon, which has all the correct intended flags. This plot is a plot inside the building where a player added as an owner SHOULD theoretically be able to both break and place due to the inheritance from avalon, and /rg i suggests. Not the case
    A look at the inheritance
    [​IMG]

The next plot that is set over avalonth2-1b is avalontownhouse2
    avalontownhouse2 inherits the flags of avalon properly. If a user is added as an owner to avalontownhouse2 they can break and place inside both avalontownhouse2 and avalonth2-1b. This is working properly.
    avalontownhouse2 inheritance
    [​IMG]

I also ran the same test on main, at Highgarden with my smaller plots that I use for greeting titles. I got the same results.

I then ran an experiment. I left my test subject added as an owner to avalonth2-1b and I changed the inheritance of that plot. I changed the inheritance to make the parent of that plot to avalontownhouse2, the test player was then able to break and place blocks inside avalonth2-1b as intended.
    the working inheritance looks like this.
    [​IMG]

Kimi is stating that avalonth2-1b should inherent the flag properties of avalon, since avalon is the parent but currently is not working out that way.

EDIT: Further testing. The inheritance sets up and works properly as Kimi needs as just above if Kimi adds the plot using the avalontownhouse2 as the target "town" instead of avalon.

#9 ClarinetPhoenix, Mar 25, 2020
  10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    No such region exists (avalonth2-1b) in the rising_n world on MainNorth.
    If you would like assistance from this, please provide correct information and leave it be so I may examine.
    If your issue has been resolved, please state so.

#10 andrewkm, Mar 25, 2020
  11. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +354
    This sounds like overlapping plots. Unless something changed I can't make a plot in a plot. Only in a town. When plots overlap you have too be a member of both plots or the enclosing town to work in the overlap area.

12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    @kimi2QT have you been able to figure this out?

13. kimi2QT

Ratings:
    +72
    @andrewkm
    @ClarinetPhoenix came and help me a couple days ago, she said she would contact you sorry dude.

After a bunch of testing the conclusion we drew was that a flag conflict between sibling plots arose due to a World Guard update.

My setup had sibling plots physically nested. Which previously inherited the town flags as expected, now though they have to be name nested upon creation IE :
    (Now nested)
    Avalon
    Avalontownhouse2
    Avalontownhouse2-1a​

----------------------------------------------------

The previous set up was (sibling plots):
    Avalon
    Avalontownhouse2
    Avalonth2-1a
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I hope this explanation makes sense, and I apologize I was unable to explain things more clearly.

14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Awesome, glad you got it sorted. :)