Change to complaints

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by _TANSTAAFL, Jun 11, 2013.

1. _TANSTAAFL

_TANSTAAFL EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,426
    Players are abusing the complaint process. For example, Player A makes a deal with Player B. After Player B takes care of his end of the bargain, Player A refuses to do his part. Player B then posts a complaint with evidence against Player A.

Facing a valid complaint, Player A relents and completes the deal. Player A doesn't seem to be punished for this behavior.

Some players do this with EVERY major deal they make, because they can get 'free' stuff if the other player fails to make a complaint with proper evidence. There doesn't seem to be a downside to doing it, because you don't seem to be punished if you get caught -- all you have to do is complete the deal once you're caught.

I feel that if you have a valid complaint against you, you should be punished regardless of whether or not you fix things with the complainer.

The punishment could be less in this case, but there should still be something -- a warning or a tempban.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. drgreer7

drgreer7 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    I agree as I have had to have done this a couple of times now and it is quite annoying. +1

3. rockboy2000

rockboy2000 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +310
    Let me get this straight;
    Lets say I wanted to buy a pick of you for 3k. I would pay the 3k but then you would not give me the pick. I would then file the complaint. If I fail to provide evidence you get the 3k and I feel very sad, if I provide proper evidence, you give me the pick and you get away with "abusing" the system.

This is what I believe you are suggesting other people do.

I think moderators can clearly see when someone is abusing the system if it happens repetitively. However I agree there should be a punishment for perhaps "wasting time".

4. _TANSTAAFL

_TANSTAAFL EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,426

you got it right. I refrained from naming names, but it is obvious to me what is going on.

5. DarceBaug

DarceBaug Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +20
    See the Lawyer suggestion thread!

This is a great example of how a Claims litigation system could benefit the server by holding abusers accountable for damages beyond simply completing the agreed transaction.

6. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    I would like to see this. In cases of a clear scamming attempt there should be a tempban based on amount attempted to scam.

Attempted scan of <= 10k: One day tempban
    10k-25k: Two day tempban
    25k-50k: Four day tempban
    50k+: 1 week tempban

Hopefully this would stop these people.

7. SuperGamerRob

SuperGamerRob Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    +1 totally cool idea! I myself havent made any deals yet but when i hit around 400k im buying extcommands plus, then a melon sword..... Then again the only reason im buying extcommands plus is so i can repair my own melon sword rather than have to make a .... deal .... and risk it being stolen.

8. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    I can see how this would be a problem...but if we started fining people for "wasting time" then we would start getting a ton of people complaining on other people just to get them in trouble.

Having to pick out who's taking advantage of the system and who's complaining just to get other people in trouble seems a lot more work then just letting the scammed guy learn a lesson.

If the guy buying the pickaxe doesn't get it and loses 3k, I tend to doubt he'll let it happen again.

You may be thinking "Wait Jason, if we do that people will get angry and leave the server."

This may be true, but it's either that, or letting mods have to pick through tons and tons of tangles just to figure out who's taking advantage, who needs to be fined, who's complaining just to get someone in trouble, and who not to fine.

9. TigerWasHere

TigerWasHere Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +50
    I know sooo many people that do this... *Cough* You know who you are...