1. SquareArtist

SquareArtist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Im new to the server but I have a question: So what i'd like to do is buy plots in cities, build a really nice house/structure (thats what i like to do when i play) on it - and then sell it(probably for a lot, i spend a lot of time on these things). Would people buy them?

I know this is an economy based server but i dunno if luxury real estate plays a role at all

2. JoNaS20121

JoNaS20121 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes if it's good enough :)

3. RagMan17

RagMan17 LampHead
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +100
    Just a few tips.

Follow the town rules, you don't want to be kicked out of the town after you complete your masterpiece, or for breaking a towns zoning law. Also be sure you can trust the mayor and co as they might like your creation a bit too much and try to find cause to remove you from the town to keep your house (you could still file a complaint to get your material, but then you'd have to start over somewhere else).

Ensure you have the right to resell and the buyer qualifies. (Only mayor or co can add your buyer to the town and new buyer must meet town regulations/requirements). Also check your towns policy if there is a resale premium that is paid to the town.

Build in a popular city with a portal and amenities. Not many will buy your 50x50 4 story masterpiece in a dead town that takes an hour to walk to.

To get the best price and ease of access in a town, try to first work on a commission basis to build specialty homes for others directly. This way you already have a buyer since your building it just for them, and you can use it to advertise for your next job or to sell your next custom built home.

Building homes has never been my thing so I like to see people succeed doing what they like to do in the game so I thought I'd write up a few tips.

RagMan