[Bug?] Vanilla EXP from excavating in Rising

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by iSneaky, Jan 22, 2020.

1. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
    Minecraft Username: iSneaky

Brief Description: When digging dirt in Rising, I am getting Vanilla EXP (the EXP you enchant with) along with MCMMO Exp. Although the EXP I am getting is very minimal, i'd say about 1 orb per 32 blocks, it seems as this to me is a bug, as I am not getting any in the mining world.

Instructions: Dig up dirt in Rising.

How many times did you recreate this?: Multiple times, although this could be intentional due to MCMMO changes on ECC.

Result: Getting EXP

Expected Result: No EXP, just mcmmo exp.

Evidence: Take note of my EXP before I start digging.

#1 iSneaky, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  2. S_Bend_To_Blind

S_Bend_To_Blind going wild for heads, renting farms, trades nstars
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $3,000,000
    Ratings:
    +85
    It's an Mcmmo feature.

Therefore you get less disks and cake. I think...

Should be part of the overhaul

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Good thing Andrew's instructions regarding the overhaul was to report literally anything being different than it should be

4. S_Bend_To_Blind

S_Bend_To_Blind going wild for heads, renting farms, trades nstars
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $3,000,000
    Ratings:
    +85
  5. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    @iSneaky
    I cannot seem to replicate this - Indeed I'm able to generate EXP from digging dirt in both mining and rising at 100 excavation levels. It instead appears to be that the miniscule amount of EXP generated from excavation is so low that at relatively low levels of excavation (such as your 92 levels), you can go quite long periods without any EXP. Thus it would appear that, by sheer chance, you cannot get EXP in the mining world simply because you were only lucky enough to get EXP in rising.

I'm able to consistently generate EXP in both rising and mining at 1,000 excavation levels, on the other hand.

6. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
    Yeah, after more testing it seems that you are right, I guess I was just very unlucky to not recieve a single EXP orb when in the mining world, then somewhat lucky to recieve a few EXP orbs in rising in around 30 seconds of testing.

Just done a little more testing and recieved a EXP orb after a couple of minutes of digging in Mining, however after digging in Rising for the same amount of time I got 4 exp orbs. I guess this is just down to chance. Everything appears normal.

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This is the new Archaeology perk.
    Thanks for reporting, it's good to document the changes we see in case they need to be adjusted with the Overhaul. @UnitedStates2 look into this new perk and figure out if it will perhaps disrupt the economy too heavily. The below screenshot is at excavation level 2000 (max).

[​IMG]

#7 andrewkm, Jan 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  8. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Determined this to be fine a bit ago in terms of stability for our EXP/nether star markets. Reported "bug" in question here was that EXP generation from this was apparently disabled in mining, which was found to not be true and thus not a bug.