[Bug Report] Inventory Recipe Book (Shift+Click Item Distribution)

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Volvith, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Volvith

Volvith Mediator
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    The issue:
    I'm trying to craft items through the recipe book on the left hand side of my inventory.
    I use shift+click to automatically move items from my inventory to my crafting table/inventory crafting table.
    Normally, when doing this for Stone Bricks, 4 stone stacks would be inserted in a crafting inventory.
    However, for some reason, this is not the case for me, and shift clicking Stone Bricks in my recipe book results in the following:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Depending on the amount of stone in my inventory, the results differ, as seen in the images provided above.
    This issue only occurs with the Stone Bricks, i have tested Glowstone, Spruce Fences and Sandstone to check whether this issue occurs anywhere else, but with those three not displaying any such behaviour as seen with Stone Bricks, i think it is fairly safe to assume this issue only occurs with Stone Bricks.

Ways i have tried to solve this issue:
    At first i thought this was just a graphical glitch of stone or something.
    The issue originally presented itself in 1.13.2.
    I restarted my game in 1.14.4, and later in 1.13.2 again.
    No change in behaviour.
    I have tried dropping the presumably bugged stone, and picked up new stone to try to craft with that.
    No change in behaviour.
    I have tried doing /ci on my entire inventory and picking up multiple stacks of stone again.
    No change in behaviour.

This issue seems to be server-oriented, from as far as i can tell.
    I will try to fix the issue in a number of ways, and will post whether i succeed upon indeed doing so.
    For now, this issue is unresolved.

2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
  3. Volvith

Volvith Mediator

Ratings:
    +161
    Yeah, the same thing occurs when using a brand new, default settings instance of 1.13.2, still, even after a full restart of minecraft and the minecraft launcher.
    Just checked to be sure because i've been on 1.14.4 for the last half hour, but it occurs no matter the instance.

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice the @'s. :I

#3 Volvith, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I still need the SA’s to test to confirm it’s not just your client.

5. Volvith

Volvith Mediator

Ratings:
    +161
    Okay, small update, i think i know what happened.
    During that lag-fest earlier today, i think i somehow managed to glitch out a couple stacks of stone, which caused a bunch of issues with both placement of blocks and crafting with them.
    To reiterate, it was only when i used those specific stacks of stone that i experienced issues.
    I went back through the chests i placed stone in after that and /ci'd the glitched/buggy stacks of stone, which seemed to fix the issue.
    It was similar to the ghost-block bug thing you sometimes see in single-player.

I doubt this issue is reproducible by any staff member, though i'm at this point certain it was a server-side issue.
    Probably just a freak occurrence of a rare bug related to item-data not being stored correctly / being corrupted somehow.
    Consider the issue resolved for now.

Thanks for the effort. :)

#5 Volvith, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Thanks for the update!