BUG REPORT: Bed Glitching

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by AquaticIron, Jun 22, 2019.

1. AquaticIron

AquaticIron Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    Minecraft Username: AquaticIron

Brief Description: When I sleep in my white bed it glitches the textures and, under certain circumstances, teleports me through my neighbor's wall. I'm unsure if this works with other colours, I just used white.

Instructions: I have a single white bed surrounded in white carpet, and then I sleep at night. If I break and replace the bed, it resets and can be done again. If done with a double bed against the wall and still surrounded by carpet on three sides, one side will do it while the other remains normal about half the time, but the normal side puts me through the wall to the other side.

How many times did you recreate this?: 5/5 times done for the single bed, 3/3 times for the double bed other side, 3/5 times for the normal side. For the weird teleportation, 5/5 times.

Result: A very strange texture bug and mildly annoying teleporting through the wall.

Expected Result: I was supposed to sleep and then just wake up, setting my spawn point in case I die for some reason. The bed wasn't supposed to change like that

Evidence: I can also demonstrate this happening.

2. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    It might be due to the carpet. It teleports you somewhere there isn’t carpet. Just remove a couple pieces of carpet around the bed and see if that works. If it still does it, you might have to move your bed away from the wall or flip it around the other way. I do notice that when you try to teleport to someone who is standing on carpet, a half block, or grass paths, it teleports you somewhere else. Might be the same case here.

3. AquaticIron

AquaticIron Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    I found that moving the bed away from the wall helps some. It only does it on the one on the right side, also.

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    This is likely a Minecraft bug, not one we can fix.
    I recommend using version 1.13.2 and the default client when playing on our /server main.
    Please let us know if using that version solves this for you.