[Brainstorm] Improving Value of Tycoon + ranks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SkystriderTAG, Mar 4, 2021.

1. SkystriderTAG

SkystriderTAG Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +7
    So on the server there was a discussion of money sinks and frankly Tycoon and above tends to not be worth alot , yes you get a claim, some LWC and extra home but most ppl wont bother ranking above President and if they do rank all the way its for the Prestige.

What I suggest is brainstorming on things that could be added to the ranks to give them some value and increase the money sink capability they provide.

One thing I thought of was adding kits of blocks / items that tend to not be farmed as they are such low value / earning that ppl dont do them anymore.. considering a maxed Netherite Pickaxe with Fortune can nab you probably 50k-100k / hour mining Iron Ore and thats rather easy for most new players to obtain it makes alot of items become rather obsolete for not being worth persuing.

Personally one such item that is in demand but hardly farmed that comes to mind is Netherite Ingots , maybe add a kit to Tycoon that gets you 1 ingot per day or something along with Unenchanted Diamond Armor (note: I dont suggest any rank getting enchanted gear, plain Diamond gear isn't worth alot but could be useful in a pinch as an Improved "starter" kit) with each rank after tycoon getting 1 more Netherite Ingot a day or other blocks that fall in this catgory.

What else do you guys think as far as stuff that's not farmed but in demand that could be added as a perk to a kit to higher ranks?

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    One thing that was suggested in the past that I am for is have the ability to take a town claim or a free town placement when you rank up, but you must choose when you rank up which one you want. At least for me, that is an incentive to rank up; I love town claims and used both of mine already, but I could always use more towns.

3. Kozz

Developer Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    Make the ranks more expensive, or add another one.
    I think they've lost value just because they're easier to get now, tbh.

[​IMG]

Some can make this in a day. This is no longer winning.

There'd be nothing like a good flex when you buy a ridiculously expensive rank that doesn't even have to do anything.
    That's when you really win the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #3 Kozz, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  4. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Agree w/ Kozz, right now the ranks don't need more value, they're easier than they've ever been. Four town claims AND prestige for under 10m all in.