[Ban Appeal]

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by JazzBeam, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JazzBeam

JazzBeam Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +151
    Minecraft Username: JazzBeam

Reason: I was banned from the Ecocitycraft Forums for ''Advertising other minecraft servers''. I was banned for a few days.

Counter Reason: I was not advertising, all I did was inform someone of a server's IP, I wasn't persuading or convincing anyone to join that server. So what happened was that someone asked me where I have last seen officepwnz123 anywhere. And I said that I last saw him on another server. Then the person asked, which server? And then I told him the IP, and nothing else. Just the IP, so that it would be easier for him or her, I did not say, ''come join this server'' or say my opinions of it, just the IP and nothing else. So I wasn't advertising at all, only informing. I wasn't trying to convince anybody to join it, unlike true advertising. Then, I got a warning from a moderator who claimed I was breaking the rules and advertising, so then I said I absolutely wasn't advertising. After a few days, he didn't respond. So then I posted the same comment that the mod deleted(the comment with the server IP,). Now, I regret doing that, I think I should have waited longer for the mod to respond. I thought the mod left the conversation. So then after posting the comment again, I was banned. It said ERROR- . . . . banned for advertising other server IP.
    In that situation I knew what I did wrong, I shouldn't ignore a warning even if I think it was wrong.
    But then It shouldn't say I was banned for advertising other servers. I was not advertising.
    I didn't deserve to be banned, even if it was a temporary ban.

2. sick24

sick24 Tycoon by day, best doctor by night
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +550
    Hello there,

First off let me just say that I am not entirely sure why you are posting since you have served the temp-ban you were automatically issued for accumulating 3 warning points on our forums. Second, I looked back at the post that got you and it is surely advertising. Here on ECC we consider advertising to be not only the server name's but also its IP address or a link to their website. So again, not entirely sure why posted this for you even say "all I did was inform someone of a server's IP" which was enough to issue a warning. If you have any further questions feel free to shoot me a forum pm and we can discuss it,
    ~sick24

Locked - Not a complaint nor appeal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.