{Ban Appeal}

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by Matroxic, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matroxic

Matroxic Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +11
    Minecraft Username:
    Matroxic

Rules Broken:
    Clause II: Scamming

It is very difficult for us to be positive that a scam has occurred. Moderators do not have access to server logs, and thus it is the responsibility of the user to gain evidence of a scam in the form of screenshots of transaction agreements and payments in order for scams to be investigated by posting a formal complaint. For help with knowing what the staff need in screenshot evidence, there is a forum thread with a good basic outline. It is solely the responsibility of the user to trust or distrust the other user(s) in a transaction situation, and also to solve any issues that may arise. Always remember: If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is, and use caution when proceeding. EcoCityCraft staff are not responsible for and will not refund anything lost in a scam transaction, though some staff will be happy to attempt discussions to retrieve your lost possessions on your behalf. This policy applies to all forms of transactions, including loans and item rentals.
    Clause I: General Trolling, Harassment and Common Sense

This rule is simple. Don't troll (look up "Troll (Internet)") users away from the server.
    Harassment (gameplay and chat) is also very unwelcome and can get you punishment depending on the severity. Harassment includes, but is not limited to, bullying, any form of blackmail, and anything that falls under the rules for chat channels.
    Following players around in the wild, or wild griefing, whether observed live or not, is not harassment and is allowed. However, if the same actions are performed in a protected town, it is considered harassment, and remaining in such a protected area after being asked to leave is also forbidden.
    Regardless of whether in the wild or in a protected town, any excessive purposeful attempt to kill someone in a non-PvP area by any means, including with donation perks such as lava or water, is considered both harassment and trolling, and is completely punishable with a ban.
    Use your common sense while playing. No one likes users who make the gaming environment unpleasant to others. Be a good sport and a friendly community member. Those who violate this to a heavy extent will be warned several times - if it does not stop, a kick/ban may be put in place.

Counter:
    I understand what I did, I sold a common sense item and claimed it to be something else. Indeed my actions were wrong and that finding loop holes in this is system is not ok. I gained someone's trust and then ruined it by selling an item that was not the right item. From now on a pumpkin axe is unb 3 and eff 5 -- all common sense items are to be held to their common description by the people and that claiming to sell a common sense item but have a different item in its place is wrong. I am very sorry for what I did and it is never going to happen again with any item in this game.

2. generaljoecool

generaljoecool Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +182
    Hello Matroxic,

I am glad that you want to appeal your ban and rejoin us here on EcoCityCraft, but before you do, there are a few things I need to say. First off, scamming items is not tolerated here on EcoCityCraft, and using a common name to fool people is not either. After consulting with some staff members that were involved with the initial case, and I was told that you were intent on bending the rules and trolling. You did quote the rules, and you do understand why you are banned, which goes a long way in this appeal. Due to the severity of what you did, and the amount of time you refused to listen to moderators, I will be issuing an eight hour temp ban to think about why this was wrong, and how breaking our rules is a serious offense. In the time you are banned, I want you to make sure that you fully understand our server rules, found here. I hope after your ban expires, that you have read the rules, and that you plan to make amends to the users you scammed.

Matroxic issued eight hour temp ban.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.