[Ban Appeal] smarks15

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by smarks15, Mar 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smarks15

smarks15 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +18
    In Game Name:
    smarks15
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned/muted? If so, what is your previous name:
    no
    Which of ECC's services are you banned/muted on:
    Main server
    Reason of Ban/Mute:
    Abuse of auction/extremely inappropriate behavior
    Rule Violated:
    Troll Auction/Inappropriate behavior
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    Troll auction: Auctioning 1 dirt, setting unrealistically high prices (neither of these rules were violated)
    Inappropriate behavior: According to the rules, this is used within chat itself and not within books. I advertised the book as being rated Chat VIP. If UnitedStates2 meant to write the ban as 'Vungarity' then this also doesn't apply as it was not directed at anyone.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned/un-muted:
    Mods read my book and thought it was fine (Vrrt rated it an 8.25/10 read). The content was not directed at anyone and it was advertised as being rated Chat VIP. People generally liked it. This does not fall under the examples of inappropriate auction/vulgarity directed at users.

2. smarks15

smarks15 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +18
    Mods were also on last night and today while I sold my book (there were always staff online). They even expressed their approval of my actions. I believed that what I was doing was allowed based on this.

3. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    @smarks15

Auction is a global channel and not VIP either. It doesn't matter whether you advertised them as "VIP rated", what matters is that you sold numerous books with sexually explicit content in them in auction. Nor is this the first time you've abused auction chat - I told you only a few days ago not to sell Nazi flags in auction too. And no, not only does it run afoul of vulgarity rules (see: excessive use), it also runs afoul of our touchy subject rules as well - I don't know whether you didn't read the rules or are intentionally misrepresenting them, but the wway you describe the rules is simply not how it works (We don't allow sex discussion in global for example, even though it isn't "directed vulgarity" at other users).

If that's true, you can and should file a staff feedback on said staff members. But the actions you've taken here aren't acceptable in any form, aren't legal and are, well, stupid.

I'll also need you to actually quote the rules from the wiki in your next appeal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.