[Ban Appeal] SgtTraveler

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by SgtTraveler, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SgtTraveler

SgtTraveler Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    In Game Name:
    Aluxxen
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned/muted? If so, what is your previous name:
    No
    Which of ECC's services are you banned/muted on:
    All of them I think? I haven't played in ages so I'm not sure what services exist right now.
    Reason of Ban/Mute:
    Alternate account for shrinkwrap4me
    Rule Violated:
    Clause 2 - Inappropriate Usernames and Username Changes(top)
    If you are changing your username please be aware of any complications you may face because of this. Username changes are at your own risk and staff cannot be guaranteed to help if an issue arises. Potential issues include:
    Trade Signs with previous username ceasing to work.
    Old LWC protections not updated with your UUID not working correctly.
    Unclaimed Tombstones
    Progress towards monthly voting awards.
    Pending bounty and lottery transactions.
    A full list of functions affected or not affected by a username change may be found here: Username Change Warnings.
    Inappropriate usernames are not allowed on the server, and may be removed once brought to the attention of the staff team. These include but are not limited to:
    Usernames with language not suitable for ECC
    Usernames created with the purpose of being very similar to or hard to distinguish from existing ECC player names.
    Users who get banned for an inappropriate username may appeal by following the steps below:
    1. Change your Minecraft username (You may do this through your Mojang account).
    2. File an application for your name change here: Name Change Application
    3. Make a Ban appeal through your forum account at our Ban Appeal Section
    You are not able to apply for any applications or participate in any forum activity related to the server unless this application is applied for and approved by staff. Not submitting this application after a name change and attempting to apply for any applications / participate in any forum activity related to the server may get your account banned from our server.
    Please note that if you change your username your new username is still subject to all the rules and restrictions placed on usernames on ECC.
    Users who are banned for having an inappropriate username (and for that reason only) are allowed to log in with alternate accounts if they are unable to change their username.
    All rules regarding alternate accounts still apply.
    Your alternate account does not automatically become your main account in this case.

Note: I read through the rules and also ctrl+f 'd to find anything talking about alternate accounts, and couldn't find anything in the rules. So I pasted the closest thing. Although I couldn't find the rule I broke, I'm obviously aware it exists unspokenly, and for good reason.
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    It means that under no circumstances can you use an alternate account to bypass a ban. If you break a rule and deserve to be banned, you are to accept the situation and learn from your mistake, not find a way around it.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned/un-muted:
    I have not been on ECC in years. I'm a very old player and was around for a long time. I would love to come back and see what has become of everything. As for why I think I should be forgiven, it has been a long time since the incident occurred. I gave shrink access to my account after I was no longer active on ECC, as I had no use for my things. I quit playing long ago and in the time since he apparently was banned and continued to use my account. Upon finding out, I had no issue with him using my account as I no longer was active, but I was never aware that he would use it to bypass his ban in times since. I have now changed my account info and will be the sole user, as I would like to become active in the community again.

Note: I am using a random account I created to type this, as my main account had no access to the forums. Also note that this account has never logged onto ECC, and I am not using this to bypass my ban, only to hopefully be able to appeal.
    Thank you.

2. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    Hi @SgtTraveler (Aluxxen),

Since this ban was a long time ago, I shall be unbanning you from the server. However, I do hasten to add, please do not let this occur again, you are responsible for your account and everything that happens on it. I have also unbanned your original forum account.

Welcome back, and please make sure to re-read the rules, as a lot have changed since your ban :)

Locked - [Appeal Accepted]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.