[Ban Appeal] RIPFTOP

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by RIPFTOP, Feb 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RIPFTOP

RIPFTOP Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    In Game Name:
    Turt2014444444444444
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned/muted? If so, what is your previous name:
    I don't believe so.
    Which of ECC's services are you banned/muted on:
    Main server, forums
    Reason of Ban/Mute:
    Permaban. Loan Scamming. 2016-06-30
    Rule Violated:
    Do not scam other players, or try to.
    Scamming is taking money, items, work, or anything else of value from another player dishonestly. This includes teleporting people into PvP areas without their consent.
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    Essentially, this rule is in place to help sustain a fair and honest trading market within the server. It punishes and discourages players from scamming, dishonest salesmanship, etc.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned/un-muted:
    Honestly, I'm pretty sure I'll just be told to email an admin, but I emailed andrewkm over two years ago multiple times and never got a response. That's nothing against him as I'm sure he's busy with the server and hundreds of other people asking for similar things. This thread will likely be locked because it isn't a proper appeal, but I'm giving it a try anyway.

I feel like I should be unbanned because the only reason I "scammed" another player is because I just stopped playing. Had I been playing, I would have completed the transaction to the fullest extent. I simply lost interest in the server and stopped playing, and consequentially was banned as I had forgotten about said loan.

I was 15 when I got banned from the server. I just rebooted Minecraft and saw that this server was still alive and well and I got nostalgic. I clicked to join but got my ban message which was discouraging, so I am now trying to appeal.

I'm now a few months away from being 20 years old. It's been four years since I was banned and I'm not even remotely the same person. I think it's only fair I'm given a second chance on the server. I sincerely apologize to those who were affected by my lack of fulfillment with regards to the loan contract and if I am unbanned I will do my best to make up for the scam, if the player I scammed is still active.

Please consider this appeal before locking/deleting it, mods... I've tried many, many times to reach out to staff outside of the forums, to no success. I know this isn't the proper way to appeal, but I plead that you make a small exception to an otherwise stringent and effective appeal system.

Regards,

-Turt

2. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Unbanned.

Debts from archive have been wiped, so you're clear on that. I don't want to see trolling or any other rule violations from you whatsoever once you're back.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.