[Ban Appeal] Jdawger

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by Jdawger, Aug 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,270
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned/muted? If so, what is your previous name:
    No
    Which of ECC's services are you banned/muted on:
    All
    Reason of Ban/Mute:
    Multiple Accounts - Paying my semi-active friends to rank up for their previous archived towns so we can WorldEdit since they aren't active too much & we want the project to continue on the new server as well as asking two friends on discord to rank up for the remaining towns I got residents to rank up for.
    Rule Violated:
    Multiple Accounts:
    While we allow the use of multiple accounts, we strictly ban any transactions that may be used to benefit your "main" account. This means that other accounts may not give money or items to your main under any circumstances. Your other accounts are also not allowed to rank up past resident.
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    You may have alt accounts on ECC, so long as they do not benefit the main account (which is considered the one that has been in ECC the longest) financially. They also cannot rank past Resident as this gives an unfair advantage in the town system.

Also, I wasn't aware of this until my last appeal, but having your inactive/semi-active friends rank up so you can WorldEdit parts of the project that you never town transferred before the reset falls under using alts, even if they weren't active at that point.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned/un-muted:
    I am taking responsibility for my actions. I ranked up my friends for their towns and I should be banned. Things got out of control when I asked my two friends from discord to help me out and I am facing the punishment.

I am comprising this into sections as it will better explain my appeal, remorse, and what I think of this ban

Section I:
    Why I did it & the actions regarding ranking @Iamjustapony @Velvet Remedy and @chaslee99 up for the project

In the past, I paid for my friends, family, and even my girlfriend ECD for ranking up. I've done that with them since 2018 with the first Canterlot project on the old main server, and when I asked the Server Admins at the time if this was ok, they said it was fine since they were not my alt accounts. These friends were active, participated in two scavenger hunts with me, helped build some towns, etc.

Now this was fine back then when they were active, but with the map reset, I had to ask them to rank up again because they were official town owners (we never did a town transfer because 1.) we didn't know the server was resetting & I couldn't get a contract and transfer in in time and 2.) the only reason for a town transfer is to stop the original applicant from legally seizing the town back, which none of us were going to do). According to the WorldEdit app, there is a question that states: "Are you the official town owner & what is the town name (On Archive!)." (with the same on main, but I digress). Since we cannot transfer archive town official ownership (which was denied when suggested), I had to ask them to reapply or they could not be transferred ever!

Thing is, @VelvetRemedy @Iamjustapony and @chaslee99 (the three who owned towns that needed to be WorldEdited) weren't active in ECC that much at this point (although they did want to return once ECCMuseum was rebuilt, but that's hearsay). I thought it was fine for them to come back and apply so long as they aren't my alt accounts and I transfer the town after they do a WorldEdit app.

Yes, at that time, it seemed to be they were coming online to get money and applying for the town, but I will state again that I wasn't the one applying for them and I was not doing it because it was cheaper. Hell, if I ranked enough residents to mayor (or even enough mayors to president), it would've been cheaper than ranking those three up to additional town 2/3 & doing town transfers (and yes, I did the math before asking them to apply).

I'm not saying all this as an excuse, but just explaining why I felt the need to ask them to apply again despite not being active on ECC these days. It was defiantly something that was unfortunate with the map reset and the fact they were pretty much inactive at the time of applying. Again, I was under the impression this was still fine because past Server Admins said it was fine for them to apply (so long as they weren't my alts), and there were no red flags with them applying up until today when I was suddenly banned. I know if I was told I couldn't do this anymore when I sent the money and they were applying, then I wouldn't have done this for this new server.

For them, I wasn't sneaking anything nor was trying to get cheaper towns. Like I said in my last appeal, I was forced to do this route for them because they were technical owners and I could not do the worldedit myself.

Past that, I did obtain the help of two friends from a discord server I was on as they closely followed the project from the posts I made there. Even though the wiki rule wasn't specifically clear, I should've known better than to do that as it 1.) Causes confusion from staff if that account is truly an alt account or not and 2.) can fall under using an account for unfair benefits (cheaper towns). I was still under the impression that something like that was fine seeing as how the past Server Admins gave me the go-ahead to pay for my rank-up for my brother, gf, and roommate. I should've asked an upper-level staff member if this was still fine instead of assuming it was still ok seeing as how staff allowed it in the past. I truly am sorry for that and I will not try to rank up @BlazeChaserMLP or @DoubleFF4TheFuf seeing as how they are new and probably not going to play ECC (I know for sure they aren't going to play ECC now that they were banned lol)

While I do think the rules of this should be clearer in the Wiki on what an alt account is and what staff considers to be an "alt," I understand now that what I did with those two accounts was considered "alting," even though I didn't think it was at the time. Like I said in the previous appeal, I agree those two should be de-ranked now that that rule is clearer to me. For the ten total towns they applied for/still had to apply for, I will just ask residents to apply (like I did originally) as it is cheaper if that is what y'all wish.

From the last appeal, it was stated that "I basically admitted that I bypassed town costs" with them. I truly wasn't when I asked those friends to apply. If I ranked my two trusted friends up to get ten towns, it would cost at least 3.6mil after town transfers, and if I ranked up only mayors to president 3.3mil (with costs being lower if I do all residents to mayor or any hybrid). I chose this route because they committed to helping and I wanted to work on the project again sooner than later. I'm sorry that I went this route, but I did it so those other ten potential players could rank up for their own towns & I could say my friends helped. Again, if I knew it would cause trouble, then I would've gone the cheaper route.

Section III:
    Remorse and Plea

I don't know if the people I asked to help me with the project got refunded the money or if the 6mil+ that I got from donating to the server is getting wiped, but if it wasn't wiped, I am going to ask them to pay me back and I want to reapply for the towns the "correct way" with that money. I know I am not owed that money back because I broke the rules by not using common sense on a rule that wasn't explicitly stated, but if I can please be given a second chance to do this right, that would be amazing! Like I said, I was under the wrong impression with these towns when I first placed them (on the previous main server) and I know now that the way I thought was legal was not this second time around. But I will still ask if y'all can have mercy on me with this and give me this second chance to do it right this time, especially since this is my first ban/mute in many, many years and I only purposefully broke the rules once because I was an idiot.

Section IV:
    Summary

Please know that why I did it had no ill intentions whatsoever or any economic benefit/shortcut. In doing math, the way I went was not the cheapest route, so I wasn't doing it to get cheaper towns. I did it for the WorldEdit directions so I can import the project. Obviously, if I thought it was illegal, I wouldn't have done it as other, actual legal options are cheaper, so I didn't "alt" to save money.

I did what I did because I thought it was still sanctioned by the staff team (especially when 15+ towns were placed of the project without anyone telling me what was happening wasn't right anymore) and it was the only way to get the WorldEdits. As mentioned, if there wasn't a dozen placed towns that all upper level staff approved/placed or the apps were denied because of the reason I am banned now, then I wouldn't have continued (like I said, I was under impression of what the past Server Admin team said I could do and what the wiki states right now).

I will admit, what I did with the other two accounts I shouldn't have done and I won't do in the future, especially if I am given a second chance with the applying (because tbh, if I don't get that second chance with applying with the funds I legally earned, I don't think I am going to bring back this project nor do any more building on ECC because I was burned out with that 6mil to begin with).

I should be unbanned because for those who truly know me on this server, I would never cheat or purposefully break the rules. I'm here to build and make people happy, not get an advantage over people for financial gain or to cheat the server. Except for that one time many, many years ago, my other two bans were accidents or the rules weren't clear (and then changed after I was unbanned).

As I said in my last appeal, please find it in your hear to have mercy on me. The two people who have the power to unban me know me and know I wouldn't do something like this if I knew it was illegal. I just made a mistake off of what was told I can do in the past and off of some outdated information given from the past upper staff. I'm sorry for doing this and causing strife. I want to return, finish building the ECCMuseum (as I've been told many people can't wait for it to return), and continue building impressive builds to inspire and make people excited to join the server. And depending on how I am unbanned, possibly continue the Canterlot project in a way that staff can deem legal.

And honestly, as sad as it sounds, I need ECC. ECC is my escape these days when life is shit. Even though there are a bunch of people who are asses to me, bombard me with potato ratings, and/or basically make fun of me these days for just being online, there are still one of two people who I can say are my friends here and they are the reason I never left. I really don't want to just quit because of this, but honestly, with how sudden and out-of-nowhere this ban was, this could be the calling for me to leave.

Section V:
    Question for Clar that wasn't answered in PMs before this appeal & note to whoever appeals this

Unless I can apply for a WorldEdit for the towns @Iamjustapony @VelvetRemedy and @chaslee99 owned on the old main server, if I am unbanned, how can I go about getting those WorldEdited to the new server if I cannot ask them to rank up, do a WorldEdit, and then transfer the town to me?

Also, do not deny this appeal because "I didn't purchase an unban (yet)." My credit card is frozen and I need to unfreeze it, and the way unbans work, I need to use an actual CC

• Potato Potato x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #1 Jdawger, Aug 11, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,270
    Unban purchased.

Although, after I hit submit, something fishy happened on the card I used, which I am bringing up to Andrew in the morning because it might be serious with Tebex.

Let me know if the unban doesn't go through for some reason. I have the receipt ready.

• Potato Potato x 9
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    #2 Jdawger, Aug 11, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  3. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    Unban purchase went through, unbanned.

• Potato Potato x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.