[Ban Appeal] Iamjustapony

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by Iamjustapony, Sep 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iamjustapony

Iamjustapony Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +59
    In Game Name:
    Iamjustapony
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned/muted? If so, what is your previous name:
    No I have not
    Which of ECC's services are you banned/muted on:
    I assume the main server
    Reason of Ban/Mute:
    Misuse of alt accounts - Account locked
    Rule Violated:
    Multiple accounts
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    No using alts illegally
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned/un-muted:
    Based off the reasons, it either means that I used an alt or was flagged as an alt. I never used any other Minecraft account except this one, so I’m going to think that it’s the second reason.
    I am not an alt account. I’ve been on this server for five years, participated in events like the scavenger hunts, some maze events, and an Xmas event on the original main world. Plus I have built some towns and projects in the past and even have a donation feature. If I was flagged as an alt because I applied for the same towns I owned on the previous world on this new main server for the Cantetlot project that I’ve been working on with Jdawger and VelvetRemedy since 2018, then I’m wondering why this ban happened. I checked the rules for this appeal and the wording is the same: as long as it isn’t your alternate account benefiting the main, it’s fine. Plus, when I applied for the same towns on the previous world, the server admin team said it was fine and we were all marked as not alts.

So in short, I should be unbanned because I’ve been a member for five years, am clearly not an alt or even using alts, and applied for towns with a precedent stated by the highest ranked staff members that said it was fine (and no changes of the rules page since about it).

I’m sorry if the perception of the same rule changed since then. I, and I’m sure the others, were only going off of what we thought was still legal since there was no change in the rules stating otherwise.

• Thonk Thonk x 2
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • List
  2. Iamjustapony

Iamjustapony Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +59
    Just curious, any update? It has been a week

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    I will state this.
    Account status as "alt or legit player" can change at any time - there have been several cases of such going either way over the years, its not set in stone from a first declaration. I would never allow someone to say "this is my brother not me" prevent us from acting on a clear case of alt-accounting. If accounts are going to be used as alts, they will be treated as alts, even if they were legit players in the past.
    The reason your account was banned was due to the behavior of it and four other related accounts, in addition to a clear admission/demonstration of simply asking people to join ECC to receive money and buy towns to bypass town costs.

We have no issues with users playing legit and helping their friend groups and working together otherwise, even if you are building massive nations together. I simply determined at the time that your account was simply being used for cheap towns and not even playing, hence flagged as an alt.

I will unban you, on account that you do have a mild history of playing.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Thonk Thonk x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.