[Ban Appeal] Hiddenthinking

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by Hiddenthinking, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiddenthinking

Hiddenthinking Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    Minecraft Username:
    Hiddenthinking
    Reason of Ban:
    Spamming, Trolling and Harassing in order to get banned. (im not sure what it said because now all it says when i log on is this:
    [​IMG]
    Rule violated:
    Clause 2 - Trolling
    • This rule is super simple. Don’t be a troll, and especially don’t troll others away from the server. Please look up “Troll (Internet)” for a more comprehensive definition.
    • This includes flaming or attempts to start any form of chaos and discord within the server.
    Clause 3 - Harassment
    • Harassment constitutes as any form of action (chat or game play wise) that makes another player feel threatened or otherwise ruins their game play.
      • Griefing in the wild does not constitute harassment. Harassment in the wild is strictly chat/command based.
    • This includes, but is not limited to; blackmail, bullying or any other form of harassment that occurs through our chat system.
    • Attempting to kill other players in any non-PvP zone also constitutes as harassment, and succeeding in killing other players in non-PvP areas is a very severe offence that will result in a ban.
    • Clause 1.2 - Advertising
      • Advertising is strictly prohibited in our chat system for any kind of external product, Minecraft server, or anything else non-EcoCityCraft related.
        • External products may be mentioned, so long as they are not being advertised. Other Minecraft servers may not be mentioned under any circumstance.
      • Any advertisement that is allowed on the server in any form (including, but not limited to, in-game related items/trades, store advertisements, or personal livestreams that are completely and only EcoCityCraft related) must go into our Trade Channel, and must always abide by our trade channel rules for length and repetition.

Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    Trolling: Trolling is a form of online harassment, meaning upsetting or making someone feel threatened. Like an online bully.
    Harassment: It ties in with trolling, making someone deliberately upset or threatening someone.
    Spamming: Spamming means continuously typing something to fill up chat with random letters or the same words.
    Reason you feel you think you should be unbanned:
    Ok, what i said back a month or two ago was wrong. I agree with most people who said that if i wanted to quit, just leave. But no. I thought that i might come back and join again. So i decided to spam and troll in order to get banned, and it worked. But looking back, i now realize how wrong my actions were. Without the internet, without minecraft, without ecc, life gets very boring. And when life gets boring, you need something to do. However, my struggle to find a hobby failed and now, i turn to ecc. Upon my return to your server, i have vowed to change my attitude toward things. I promise that i will never spam, troll and harass to be banned ever again. I also promise not to moan at others because they are better off than me. I have also promised to wipe my slate clean and start over with my time on ecc. As of this, i request that if i return, may you wipe my balance, wipe my rank (mayor, survivor) and wipe everything i ever had. In doing this i can truly start over and rethink my approach, as stated earlier. Thank you for considering my appeal.

2. RailefBear

RailefBear Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    I will be handling this appeal. Please be patient while I study your case.

3. RailefBear

RailefBear Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    Thank you for deciding to appeal your ban, @Hiddenthinking .
    It seems to be that you've learnt quite a bit from this mistake; breaking the rules purposefully just to get banned (for whatever reason) is not an excuse and will always be punished and, if anything, the punishment will be even more serious since it was done on purpose, knowing the consequences.
    It is an act of great immaturity since, for what I can see, you also know that you can request a ban in case you need one. You've requested 2 in the past.

I want to remind you that there are tools to help you in the future in case you may need help: Complaints, Bug report|Help&Support section, Ban request, etc. If something happens and you need help, ask for it. Don't overreact and start causing a mess. We have a great Staff team willing to help you if you need it: We can answer questions, act as mediators, etc. Just contact us.

About your request regarding the reset of your balance, rank and belongings: This cannot be done by request.

Taking into account that your ban includes Spamming, trolling, harassment and that this is your first offense I will be reducing your ban to a 3 hour temporary ban. During this time I'd like you to go through our rules thoroughly, as some of them have changed since you were last here.

Locked - Ban reduced to a 3 hour tempban

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.