/back bug

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Sijd, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Sijd

Sijd Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    earlier I died on the main server in the mining world and what I did / back it did not take me back to my death point, as a result of this I have lost a lot of items I spoke to Austin and he suggested making a bug thread as this shouldn’t have happened and that someone may be able to help with the lost items situation I’m not bothered about all my ores and stuff just the tools that I only just made by buying exp on the server shop

Any help appreciated
    ~Sijd

2. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,288
    I am not sure exactly why but back has not worked for quite a while now. I believe that tombstone is also still not working. Sorry for your loss.
    If you had your coords of death perhaps a staff could help you retrieve your items.

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    I have just tested the back command, as well as the back command after death, via a clean alt account and did not experience any issues. Will need more reproduction steps, and a way to reproduce this to be able to assist.

Please elaborate on what you mean by "back has not worked for quite a while now".
    I have seen no issues with back, non were reported, and all tests are showing a functioning /back system.

4. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +287
    @Sijd I remember you said that you had bought the '/back' feature quite recently before your death which brings me to this question; Was the feature processed properly before you actually died? If not then this may be the reason because if the feature had not been processed before you died then it wouldn't have logged your last death location IIRC. @andrewkm Could this be the reason?

#4 PyroTechnix_, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  5. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,288
    Please elaborate on what you mean by "back has not worked for quite a while now".
    I have seen no issues with back, non were reported, and all tests are showing a functioning /back system.[/QUOTE]
    andrew, simply put, I can be at a coord, tp or move to another coord and do back and end up at random other places. This is on skyblock and figured it may have been because of the 1.13.2 issue so didn't think it was worth reporting. I have not tested on main so I don't know about that.

6. blgordon

blgordon ECC Benefactor
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +181
    I was able to reproduce something similar to this.... Here are the steps I took.
    Start in location A,
    use /home to go to your home
    use/ warp something to go to a warp
    use /back ( I would expect this to return me to my home, however, it returns me to location A)
    Not sure if this is a bug or not...I don't use /back very often. This was also replicated on skyblock and not main.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +287
    I also have this problem in skyblock yet not on main.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    This is because SkyBlock is running an old essentials version which likely has this issue in it. (It is fixed in our latest version on our main server).

SkyBlock is under development lock down until we get it updated for 1.13.2/1.14 on the new SkyBlock plugin. At this time it is impossible for us to make any changes code wise to SkyBlock.

#8 andrewkm, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019