Denied Autofishing Idea(s)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FamilyFurst, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FamilyFurst

FamilyFurst Ecc King of Koopa's
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +141
    Minecraft Name:
    Familyfurst
    Suggestion:
    A.) Allow autofishing mods, but add code that after (x) amount of casts, a random generated phrase is required.
    B.) Just add a randomly generated phrase or letters/symbols/etc, after (x) casts in general, or catches.
    C.) Add a type of lockout command, if possible for (x) level mods, in which they can use on a player, in which they can still cast, and catch, but all exp/items gained are dropped, and they are given a very *noticeable" Alert.
    Reason:
    It seems like autofishing has become a somewhat idealistic thing to do, or more so, a victimless action. Going with
    A.) Should just dissolve the autofishing scenario completely, and not require Mods/SA's etc to even worry about it. The only issue I see is we would need to set the rng pass phrase to be at a lower amount of casts or catches, to make it less valuable, and it might also annoy those people who don't autofish. I understand autofishing or automated money generation is strictly against Ecc rules, so this one might be a simply...Hell to the no.

B.) This route would just in general help combat autofishing, could set to a slightly higher number of casts/catches before it kicks in with a pass phrase.
    C.) This lockout command, would ping said Mod after each (x) casts or catches after the lockout has been placed, which could easily inform a Mod the probability of someone autofishing. It is quite hard to justify you were at the computer if you casted/caught 100 times, with lockout on you, and give some defining proof for Mods to submit against players other than just watching, or sending pms.
    Other Information:
    I am not sure if any of the above are possibly, or even something the staff is worried about currently. If possible, this could take an extreme amount of coding, or scripting, I don't really know. (And frankly, don't want to learn java,etc.) I am just trying to figure out some easier ways to combat this rash of bans, while also giving options to players, and staff to help resolve it in a generalize manner, while also allowing a more fair way to prove someone's innocence, or guilt through through the lockout command.
    Link to this plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    Custom Addition I guess.

2. Monkeyz505

Monkeyz505 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    I'm under the impression that the issue is AFK autofishing, and that if you're using any sort of thing, you HAVE TO be at the keyboard, ready to respond if staff come by and ask. This could have changed since I saw this being discussed, or perhaps I misunderstood. But I'm pretty sure the issue is the AFK part of autofishing.

3. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    So autofishing is legal as long as you aren’t afk?

4. Monkeyz505

Monkeyz505 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    That is the impression I got a couple of years ago. That most likely changed since then. But the issue with auto fishing is the fact that most people are off doing something else, causing afk money generation.

#4 Monkeyz505, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  5. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
    Clause 4 - Automation

• The use of any means to earn money without doing any work is prohibited.
      • This includes, but is not limited to, macromod scripts, autofisher mods, fully automated farms, and physical means to hold a button down while away from your computer.
      • Usage of automated means is allowed for MCMMO grinding, providing you are not generating money and are not afk (e.g. an autoclicker to train the swords skill on a player is allowed, an autoclicker to train the swords skill on a mob spawner is not).
      • If you are found to have used any kind of illegal automation, your relevant statistics/balance will be reduced and/or cleared entirely at the discretion of administration.
      • Be warned that we take this very seriously.
      • *bold added for effect

#5 stigarose, Jan 15, 2018
  6. Monkeyz505

Monkeyz505 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    • Don't know how
    • Never done
    • Can't with fishing
    • This is the part I'm talking about, with a gray area.
    Thank you for looking up the specific rule, stiga.

Again, I could be completely wrong about a gray area existing at all.

#6 Monkeyz505, Jan 15, 2018
  7. FamilyFurst

Ratings:
    +141
    It is illegal to Autofish period, as I outlined in a small area of my suggestion, any automation monetary gains are illegal, regardless of being at the keyboard or not.

8. cdlawrence

cdlawrence Nubby Nubs

Ratings:
    +273
    Punish those following the rules to prevent the actions of a few? Fishing is tedious as it is. I’m not entering some captcha every 10 casts. Nor every 100 casts

9. FamilyFurst

Ratings:
    +141
    This post it to more address the issue, and come up with a solution. Like I put on every post, it is very easy to find flaws in an idea, or theory, but it is always hard to increase the value or further an idea bro. Autofishing kills the market, and it very hard to currently gather evidence against. Other than pm'ing someone, and waiting to see if they reply, which hell, could be missed half the time if chat is going 100 mph.

But, I do agree, it does punish the innocent, but sadly, look at society. Most laws force normal citizens into a cube, just because people are asshats.

10. cdlawrence

cdlawrence Nubby Nubs

Ratings:
    +273
    How about we just let the tnt and poisons actually kill people? Threat of death may force them to pay attention

11. FamilyFurst

Ratings:
    +141
    issue is, then using fishing to grief. Might be possible to have tnt deal damage to players, but not blocks, not sure.

12. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $27,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Give me fifteen minutes and I'll write a macro that reads the randomly generated passphrase and sends it to the server, therefore causing no disadvantages to autofishers and major annoyance for those who fish legally.
    "I was watching a movie on my second screen and based my clicking on the sound of my fishing rod. That's not illegal."

This. Adding passphrases or similar security measures makes fishing more difficult and decreases the profit for those who fish legally; I see no reason to punish the majority of players by practically decreasing the profit from fishing as a whole.

13. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    Why do you think cactus farming was deemed illegal in the main server, despite it being 100% vanilla? Why do you think steroids are illegal to all athletes? Why do you think corking your bat in baseball is illegal?

Answer: gives an unfair advantage to someone (aka cheating)

EDIT: @314 said it better than me

#13 Jdawger, Jan 15, 2018
  14. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    No.

Autofishing is a nuisance, and will never be tolerated.
    Also, your "add code" part is feasibly impossible without modifying spigot itself.

Not something we will ever allow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.