Any Advice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dorim1234, Jun 6, 2013.

1. dorim1234

dorim1234 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to being a mayor and i have no idea what i should do first. Build? Advertise? Save? Spend?
    Any suggestions would do. thnx :D

2. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,416
    From my personal experience, I'd make sure your town has a solid foundation before you start to really advertise. So; make sure you've built plots, public works, farms, etc. the worst thing you can do as a town owner is bring people into your town when you're not ready for them. But, once you've set up the basics, make your town thread on the forums and go hardcore advertisement mode.

3. SuperGamerRob

SuperGamerRob Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    What i did (keep in mind my town is half inside a mountain, or was until dug out) was hire a couple people to do digging to clear room and i paid them with a 10x10 plot each. Then i replaced the floor of the town with dirt and had grass spread in. Then i filled the entire town with:
    *Shop
    *Pumpkin farm
    *Tree farm
    *Mayor's office
    *Plots

After each plot was built i would advertise to sell it. I kept building them and tp'd buyers to the town (no spawn portal at the time, i have tp)
    After the town was built and mainly filled i saved up for a portal.

After a while i realised half the people were totally inactive. I then made a town rule; if you are offline for over 3 months, bye-bye!

Next thing to save for after portal is pres. (town chat channel? Make a password mcmmo party and give members the password!)

Once i get pres.... masterful plans for that!

I recommend doing the same, except making the inactivity rule right off the bat.

NOTE
    In case of griefer;
    Hire an investigator.
    Kick griefer from town.
    Go to the 'Griefer List (active)' thread and have them added.