Android or iPhone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CapitanRedRoach, Nov 11, 2013.

?

Android or iPhone?

1. Android

46.7%
  2. iPhone

53.3%
  1. CapitanRedRoach

CapitanRedRoach Aka FrenchHornPlayer
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +282
    This is just a simple question.
    Which would you rather have? Android or iPhone?
    If you do vote I would like to hear why you chose that particular phone. (And because or its better is not good enough)

2. dork1877

dork1877 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,252
    Droid (relatively) open app development/product ecosystem

3. EPIC_CHICKEN2

EPIC_CHICKEN2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +137
    I like the android's screen setup vs. the iphone set up. You can cancel running applications much easier and the overall speed of the android is fairly good.

4. RealRunakilli

RealRunakilli Formerly known as runakilli
    EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +475
    Android phones are for the more "technical intelligent" people. I prefer android simply for that reason, they are more customizable, the app system is completely different, but in a good way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Aqqel

Aqqel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an Iphone 5.... And I can honestly not live with out it.

6. Coolpanino

Coolpanino Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    I like both phone systems for completely different reasons, but even though I own a Nexus 4, I still have to go for iPhone.

I love my android because I can access whatever I want on it, mess around, customize it as I please, and pretty much do whatever I please. It is also incredibly easy and inexpensive to develop and distribute an app on Android, which is what I did. But, there are still some things that iPhone just does waay better on.

My next phone is 100% going to be an iPhone. I may not like the small screen size, or the lack of customizability, it is just runs everything so much smoother, and everything just works out of the box. I also love that I can easily sync all my photos and music, make backups, and be completely confident that no matter what happens, I can always get back my settings and content.

Honestly, if it were convenient and affordable to carry around two phones I would, but I just have to side with iPhone for this one, so all you android fans.

7. Lee1104

Lee1104 Builder

Ratings:
    +322
    Androids are more customizable, different password setups, more apps, some have Gorilla Glass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. d_face012

d_face012 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +323
    I love my iPhone 5S and honestly owning an iPhone it's an awesome feeling

9. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    This, although I myself still prefer my android phone, but that's solely because they're more affordable and customizable. iPhones are great things, but if I wanted an iOS device then I would get an iPad, not an iPhone. The iPhones are a piece of genius, but I don't like being so limited in terms of customizing. I also don't want to have to crack my device just to be able to do those extra things I want, with android those things are already available. Although as of now, developing apps on iPhone is easier than Android (given you're not using Obj C), google has been developing their own set of tools for easy android development (Based on my very favourite development environment).
    So, in the end, I will stick with my Sony Xperia with android 4.1.2

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. CapitanRedRoach

CapitanRedRoach Aka FrenchHornPlayer
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +282
    4.1.2 still?!? 4.3 is coming out to my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900 in a couple days lol

11. Maco20047

Maco20047 |-《□》-The Medievalist-《□》-|
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +576
    Android for me. Why?
    #1 Androids have the Menu Button, Home Button, Back Button, and Search Button (iPhone just has a home button)
    #2 Who wants a phone made of glass that breakes when it falls flat? Androids are between Nokias and iPhones in terms of durability. I currently have the Casio G'zOne Commando. Though it's slow, I can throw it in the pool, up against a wall, etc, all without having to buy an Ottterbox.
    #3 Screen size. No matter what people say, size mattes! I just cannot seem to get used to the tiny iPhone screen when the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen is nearly as big as the iPhone itself.
    #4 (This answer may not be 100% true, for I don't have an Apple Product) Android apps are 75% free. There are the few 25% that you have to pay for, but it seems as though iOS apps are predominantly card friendly.
    #5 Cost. Android's are much cheaper, and the range of customization is amazing. On an iPhone, what can you change, the wallpaper? Pfft, on Androids you can change everything form the wallpaper, to the entire theme of the OS.

Androids are a +1 in my book. Sorry iPhone lovers. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +591
    First off, I don't have either one (I have a iPod touch but its a bit different) because I just got my first dumbphone (I guess that's that you'd call a phone that isn't smart) but I have used my friends' phones. I like the android layout much better and I like the bigger screens. They are also cheaper. However, one pro to iPhones is that iPhones have more apps. Android has all the good apps but there are some smaller apps that may be useful to you but are only available on iPhone. For instance, the ECC voting app. I think they both have their pros and cons but for right now I'd have to pick an iDroid :p.

13. Maco20047

Maco20047 |-《□》-The Medievalist-《□》-|

Ratings:
    +576
    If I'm not mistaken, an Android voting app is in the making. :D

#13 Maco20047, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  14. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +591
    I saw that suggestion too. But this still applies to other apps.

15. dgam02

dgam02 ♫ Shitposting Ex-SA ♫

Ratings:
    +6,377
    4.3??!?!? Nexus 5 has 4.4 :D

16. Falconaire

Falconaire Builder

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Well, here's my impecable logic; Android is better, systematically, graphically, size, and speed. But for whatever reason I like Apple far more than Android.

#logic

17. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ

Ratings:
    +6,925
    I honestly don't care what version of android, any version above 4 is pretty good, I can do what I want and that's all I need. Besides, samsung phones come with the default android, while Sony Xperia phones come with a completely customized rom. (a better, faster, and more intuitive one)

#17 kukelekuuk, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  18. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    iPhones are good for people who are not tech savvy, not good with tech, want something reliable and will work reliably, want to keep their stuff safe, and be sure to have a giant variety of safe apps (people say Android has more apps, but I am pretty sure it doesn't).

It's good for the, "I just need a smart phone that works," and "I want an intuitive and easy-to-use phone," people.

Personally, I have never actually used an Android. However, as much as I love customizing things down to every wire (almost to the point of being an OCD thing, lol), I'd rather have a reliable, easy, intuitive, and safe phone. Those are pros that outweigh the con(s) of lacking customization.

As well... The few Androids I have seen, I absolutely hate how they look and I have never met someone with an Android that worked completely well with no issues. Most people I know who use Androids also don't use them nearly as much, for some reason... I like having apps, social media, planning and tool apps, etc. My smartphone is like my note pad, address book, fun, networking, etc.

So, although I haven't really used an Android, what I've seen and heard about them just wouldn't fit my purposes (and I'd probably hate it). I prefer iPhone, personally. :b

#18 MsMoofin, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  19. Rachel8484

Rachel8484 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,211
    The IPhone can barely be customized first off. Second of all, the IPhone can crack easily and a tiny screen.

20. Lichborne

Lichborne EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +231
    I have an Iphone 4s and the HTC Raider.... I personally use my iphone as a "Phone" (Calling texting and web browsing) I use my HTC just for gaming.

#20 Lichborne, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013