Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] New Region Flag

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gowther32, Feb 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gowther32

Gowther32 Goat Sin of Lust
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    In Game Name:
    Gowther32
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    New Region Flag
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that a new flag is added for regions which can be attached to one of the town control features. This flag is similar to time lock but will be more like a time set when some condition is met, or being able to input some string to finely tune what times are active and when to reset it to a new time.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I was considering what we currently have related to this which is only time-lock. With shaders/ shadows and the sun being fixed to a certain place in the sky I wondered if it would be possible to make something more natural that allowed us to customize regional time in more detail. The ways that can be implemented I have found are numerous so it would be at a developers discretion to see how'd they want to approach this, but I think that being able to adjust a towns time in a way that time flows naturally and can get set to a specified time at regular intervals would be a really handy and aesthetically pleasing addition to ECC and can potentially add more incentive to higher tier town control features.
    Other information:
    I realize that this may be hard to encompass in a single flag or from a developmental standpoint in general, I welcome feedback on how this suggestion can be improved and better ways something similar might be implemented.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Custom flag for world guard
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 Gowther32, Feb 5, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  2. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +435
    So instead of being locked at a specific time, it would increment through a certain duration of the time cycle? Like 0-12500 for example.

3. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    -1 I don’t get what this suggestion is saying, but I know that allowing players to write any arbitrary string as a world guard trigger is a bad idea lol.

4. Gowther32

ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    Generally this, and sure I get that any arbitrary string is not great, that's not the ideal here, its mainly something to adjust what times cycle through a town without the time being locked to one position and have some level of control over this, it would look more natural especially for those using shaders

#4 Gowther32, Feb 5, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  5. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +435
    -1 I'm still not understanding what you are suggesting.

6. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +966
    I believe what Gowther is going for is a flag that would allow you to set a time frame you would like your region's daylight cycle to go through, and loop. For example, set it to repeat the morning through evening time and then reset at morning, never progressing through night.

I understand the appeal of that, however that would almost certainly have to be custom coded, and if someone is looking for a good aesthetic for shaders they could simply set the exact time that they think looks best with the time-lock flag.

-1 overall as I don't believe this would be widely used or worth the effort/time developing

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    Thank you guys, I appreciate the feedback, a great suggestion has high utility, demand, simplicity, or benefit, I may have initially misjudged some of these factors here. Let me know if there is anything else of note for this suggestion, other than that, this one seems fated for the grave.

#7 Gowther32, Feb 5, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This is not something our development team is willing to tackle at this time.
    Sorry. There's just not enough demand.

#8 andrewkm, Mar 7, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.