Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Enable Horse Breeding

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lopporit, Aug 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +968
    In Game Name:
    CammyBunny
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Enable Horse Breeding
    What are you suggesting:
    Add horses as a breedable mob
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I think this will be a pretty good addition because of the way horses can be bred to inherit traits. Color, speed, health, and jump height are all traits that be be bred, and have a range from low to high. This already makes horse breeding unique among the other breedable mobs in the game.

Breeding a horse all the way to the highest stats is already a fun and interesting challenge, but on ECC I think this could lead to some pretty fun and even economy impacting new things. People could breed and sell horses with high or even max stats for a profit. Stables could open to store horses, and horse racing events would be a possible little event to test your horses against others. Saddles, horse armor, and horse spawn eggs could all have a much bigger market in the long run. And with mob stacking the way it is, players would have to keep horses spread out so they don't stack and ruin the stats, so I don't believe lag would be an issue.

With town flags people can effectively keep their prized horses safe, and this addition would be a neat aspect to add to the game to get away from the grind of farming or fishing and do something more engaging and interesting.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 Lopporit, Aug 7, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  2. o0SchnetzleR0o

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +58
    +1 because i am more a medievil builder in minecraft and breeding horses and travel with them is fun, also yea for events like horse races would be a nice thing...but

-1 you could to easy breed them in a big number and the stack would be pure profit because they are dropping leather, so in that way if the drops would be disabled causing that horse spawners getting worthless

• Thonk Thonk x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  3. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +968
    It takes 2 golden carrots (or golden apples, but they're worth more) which are worth $1.28 in gold nuggets to make one horse. Horses with Looting 3 only drop up to 5 leather, with is $1.30 worth. That's a $0.02 margin not even counting the value of the carrot, and you will not get 5 leather every time. Even with star/magic tools this will not in any way be more efficient than any other money making source, especially given the amount of time it takes to breed mobs since having too many near each other will cause them to stack. Your statement makes no sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #3 Lopporit, Aug 7, 2022
  4. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    +1 This would be SO awesome. I really don't see it being a negative impact on the economy (can't hurt anything), nor a giant one that would cause problems (not worth it for "easy grinding"). I think Cammy broke down why amazingly above.

It would add a different, exciting aspect to ECC; we don't have breeding otherwise. I see a lot of potential for fun and new events for this (not necessarily server-ran, but certainly player-ran).

5. o0SchnetzleR0o

Ratings:
    +58
    cammy in your calculation you missed out the xp ^^ so dont tell me its making no sense

#5 o0SchnetzleR0o, Aug 7, 2022
  6. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA

Ratings:
    +968
    A whole 1 exp per mob is literally nothing. With a single spawner and a sword you can achieve more profit than breeding would let you.

7. o0SchnetzleR0o

Ratings:
    +58
    well if you really have to throw potatoes at me then hell yea give me that xp grinder possibility for rising and i will proof you wrong ^^
    +1 for a town flag protected xp grinder lmao

8. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I’m a horse. Please let me breed +1

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Added to our In-Progress list.
    Will require some coding as currently the only code we have is whether or not to block breeding.
    We will add in a way for us to whitelist certain mobs, which will allow us to add horses to said whitelist. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Horse breeding is now a thing!

Enjoy working on your champion pedigrees!

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.