Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Custom chat channels are unepic rn tbh

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GolD45, Dec 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GolD45

GolD45 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +50
    In Game Name:
    GolD45
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Custom chat channels are unepic rn tbh
    What are you suggesting:
    all custom chat channels are fucking dead because we keep having to join back every time we log in. nobody can be bothered, and furthermore what's the point in going to the effort of joining a chat (again) to then talk to all 0 of the people there, because they were also kicked for logging off...?

Have custom chats be opt-in, but once you join the only way you leave is by being banned, or /ch leave <chat name>.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    i paid for a chat that is ultimately unusable because of its poor functionality, as have many others. there is no community that can be built from these chats because it gets uprooted every single day, and as of now they serve no purpose. ch fucker, hentai, politics are all forgotten and abandoned, because everyone is forcefully removed. wasted potential, and wasted money. i'd rather private message someone than have to keep asking them to join a chat.

right now the only way to make custom chat channels work is to advertise them in global before use, and frankly most people just don't give a shit. they don't want to hear it. if they wanted to join, they would have already, but nobody does anyway because there is NOTHING there to join.

what's the fucking point in having something this useless.
    Other information:
    imagine having to rejoin global every time you logged on. bruh

Edit: I may not have fully grasped the reason for people being removed from chats, but evidently it is happening too frequently for them to function, regardless of the cause. Server restarts being one. If possible, stop kicking us. cheers.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 GolD45, Dec 28, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  2. Bopogame1

Bopogame1 President
    President ⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +110
    +1 I completely agree with your statements, please remove all chat channels

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Thonk Thonk x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    +1 people get kicked from channels due to proxy restarts and maintenance. I don't think that is avoidable, but I could be wrong. I’m for this, but at the same time, it seems kind of unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Just rejoin after and state for people to rejoin. And if it is a private chat channel that needs a password, just write it down somewhere

#3 Jdawger, Dec 28, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  4. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    I mean I'm in 3 custom channel chats thay are constantly used cause the people in it actually want to chat in it. So not a huge issue for myself.

Can be annoying though I guess.
    Or lower the price to reflect it. Though idont really see much issue.
    If you like a private channel, you tend to join back in it after things reset.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    #4 Mission001, Dec 28, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  5. GolD45

GolD45 Builder

Ratings:
    +50
    I guess that's what I'm asking then. Is it avoidable or not.

6. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    +1. Makes custom chat channels not crap if people can stay in them through relogs and such.

7. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +435
    +1 It can be annoying to rejoin channels after a restart/maintenance. Hopefully this can be added.

8. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +966
    While I don't see anything wrong with making it so that proxy restarts don't remove you from channels, I will say that the custom channels I'm in are all active almost constantly. It's more or less up to the player to form the community around them and foster an environment in their channel that people want to join in and take part of. I feel like mechanical changes like this one will do little to change the issue you're facing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  9. GolD45

GolD45 Builder

Ratings:
    +50
    Then your point is that the only channels that can function is a tight-knit community that is also full of active players. Not every channel is that. i.e. politics isn't a group of friends you will come back to regularly, nor is it active often. There is no incentive to join, because the purpose of the chat is more easily served in VIP. Therefore general unmoderated chats will fall over this tiny hurdle every time. So unfortunately, I cannot agree with you that this is a non-issue.

10. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    To that point, even the non-tight knit channels can function that way. If you want to talk politics in the politics custom channel, then mention it in global. It's not against the rules to state you are talking about something in another channel. Hell, whenever someone mentions the fucker chat, I rejoin it if I didn't already.

But, at the end of the day, at the very least more than half of the channels we have are either private, close knit, or dead because the owner isn't there anymore/nobody cares about the channel (you know how many custom chats we have that are similar to fucker? Like at least 1/5 of them).

Like I said, the real only issue I see with how chats are right now is private channels if you forgot the password, which I'm sure Andrew or an SA can help if need be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thonk Thonk x 1
    • List
  11. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    +1 custom channels arent something you chat in 24/7 in all cases. global chat is something you chat in 24/7 so it would be noticeable if you arent in that channel after a reset right? but something like idk politics channel. I may join that channel for a discussion, but once a reset happens i forget it exists since im not in it anymore. Whether your custom channel has a "community" or not that always chats in it shouldnt matter. Politics, fucker, and global2 arent always talked in, but they are sometimes and it sucks to miss out on those few conversations since im kicked from the channels everytime a restart occurs. It sucks ass having to rejoin channels after a restart.

TLDR: it doesnt matter whether your channel gets used 24/7 due to a community. You shouldnt have to rejoin a channel everytime after a restart. It is a burden.

12. GolD45

GolD45 Builder

Ratings:
    +50
    Saying that the only issue is forgetting passwords for chats is fundimentally wrong, because before that you try to offer a solution to the actual problem, and it doesn't fix it at all.

Yes, I could ask people to join a chat every single time I wanted to use one...but you could also rebuild a town every time a member greifed it, without actually removing them. It's noise nobody needs, and effort that shouldn't be necessary. The problem remains.

I get that someone should play devils advocate for most situations, but goodness, your position truly confuses me. Your solution is the very thing I have a problem with, which is going out of my way to make a broken thing work. These chats, politics being the best example, currently are unable to thrive because this malarkey of advertising is the only way around it. Your fix has been here the whole time, but also alongside the problem that never went away.

These chats are forever limited because of human error. If trade chat funtioned the same way as cutsom chat channels, most days you would forget to join back, until you needed to use it yourself, despite its importance. That is how we work. We are broken, our memories unreliable, which is the very system these chats (and passwords, coincidentally also a problem, so you say) rely on to work.

I really think this has been settled. The question is not "is this really a problem?" as it is instead "can it be fixed?". It is in the name of making things easier. And in good time, we will find out if it is possible or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thonk Thonk x 1
    • List
  13. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I’m not disagreeing with the suggestion. I +1’d it a while ago. I agree it should probably be fixed, but at the same time I don’t see it as a major issue. I edited my response above to reflect it better if it gave off the wrong impression.

And to kind of restate and rephrase my other point (and tie into what Mission stated), if players enjoy a chat channel, they will rejoin it. We have a lot of chat channels (10 pages). Granted, a good number are for smaller communities, public or not. If this is changed, I really don’t think it will change the amount of people who join a specific chat or retain it. I personally leave almost all the non-official chats after I’m done with them (like fucker and global2) because, like I said, we have a lot of channels created, and it is overwhelming. That’s just me personally, but I know of others who join channels, then leave when nobody is speaking in them because they get overwhelmed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thonk Thonk x 1
    • List
    #13 Jdawger, Dec 30, 2021
  14. GolD45

GolD45 Builder

Ratings:
    +50
    oops it was the original -1 that got me. I hope I don't come off as being too harsh. I thought you disagreed!

Now though, I am glad we are on the same page!

15. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I mean, we aren’t on the same page. I still disagree in terms of this change solving people from chatting and staying in the chats. Read the rest of that post you forgot to quote.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #15 Jdawger, Dec 30, 2021
  16. GolD45

GolD45 Builder

Ratings:
    +50
    We are on the same page, in the sense we are for the change. That is the important bit, and all that I care for proving.

It is a good thing, regardless of what we personally believe the outcome might be. From your perspective the change brings something kind of good, from mine it brings something very good. Key word: good. We are already at the same conclusion. I do not think further discussion is required, even if specifics are disagreed on.

In short, if it helps everyone, what more needs to be said?

17. Volvith

Volvith Mediator
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    +1 for the sole fact that custom channels right now are almost useless.

Maybe something like a command which you can edit your auto-joined channels, so every restart you automatically join those channels?
    Think something along the lines of /ch optin [channelname] [password] and /ch optout [channelname] [password]

Don't know how much work this would be, but it would actually make custom channels a LOT more usable, and a LOT more appealing.

18. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    +1

Honestly politics should not be in VIP. if there is a politics chat put it there. That would fall under a moderator issue.

19. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    +1 the custom chat is virtually useless if everyday chat exists when you do not want to talk about sensitive topics via segmented channels.

20. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    The channels you are in carry over through server restarts and disconnects.
    They do not reset every single day as you suggest. This has just been tested to ensure funcionality.
    Our end of the month maintenance does include us clearing the channels you are in for administrative reasons.
    This will not change at this time. I do have a potential idea that may make this better.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    #20 andrewkm, Jan 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.