Afk Macro Mod use in trade channel

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KingNdm, Jan 7, 2016.

1. KingNdm

KingNdm ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,495
    Before you comment on this, please read the whole thing.

Making afk Macro Mod use in trade channel illegal. It's annoying and I feel as it is unfair.

Copied directly from my complaint, underlines my point.

This user is using the trade channel to advertise while being afk, and has been doing so for awhile. This user is trading services that he can not even do while being afk. He is advertising services like tp, water, mob transfers, etc. He is using a macro mod script to do so. This is no different from someone using macro mod script to afk farm or afk fish. The user is using macro mod as a way of business while being afk.

I feel as this goes against the EcoCityCraft Rules.

The use of any means to earn money without doing any work is prohibited "Claus 4 - Automation"

The user while being afk is displaying trade messages as a means to advertise a service he can't withhold while being afk. The user is advertising services like water placements, teleports to a certain location, mob transfers and more, all jobs that the user would have to be online for, while being afk. This user is advertising while being afk as a means to get business without being at his computer or out. He is earning business, which on an economy server, means money, by advertising his trade in the trade channel.

This also breaks the general chat rule, Any user who is consistently using a channel in a way to disturb those attempting to use certain channels may be removed from the channel and/or punished.

This user is putting in trade messages in chat every 3 minutes while being afk. Meaning taking space/ time away from users who are advertising and are currently on at the time of their advertisements. Therefore disturbing those attempting to use the channel properly. His message is constantly broadcasted to all of ecc the same as any other user who is online at the time, which is an unfair advantage, since this player does not even have to be on at the time.

I feel as this rule should be directly outlined if this user is not punished, into whether or not being afk while using macro mod trading scripts is legal or not.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
    #1 KingNdm, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    replace all instances of "server" with "services" and you have my +1!

3. KingNdm

KingNdm ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +1,495
    Did it, just for you buddy!

4. Imaginex

Imaginex Living in a Daydream
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $5,830,000
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Eh, imo automation is making money while afk. since he can't perform any of the services while he's afk, can you really say that he's making money?

It's different that autofishing because fishing directly gets a product (the fish) while he's only offering a service.

I see where you're coming from though, it is a bit annoying when people advertise stuff like that when they're afk or vanished.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. KingNdm

KingNdm ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +1,495
    Well the fact that he is making business while offline, he also advertises his loan company, which he advertises while not being online, although can still receive business from.

As well, he is taking up space and time in the trade channel, imagine if 100 players did this all were online in trade chat, this would becomea huge issue, trade chat being spammed all day.

6. rockboy2000

rockboy2000 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +310
    By the same logic owning a spawn shop is illegal, in fact more so. And in fact, the classifieds & ads on the forum are illegal too. Both allow you to earn money whilst offline/AFK.

Advertising in trade chat with a macro whilst AFK cannot directly earn you any money. This server is meant to be hardcore, not boring or tedious. If it really annoys you to such an extent, feel free to /ignore them? They aren't even gaining any unfair advantage, you're just as free to download and install macro mod, and there are plenty of guides as to how to install it.

We only have around 100 players online at peak time, and the matter of the fact is they don't all do it, and are unlikely to all do it. If it comes to such a problem, perhaps introduce longer wait times, or even charge for messages in trade chat (as some others have suggested).

In my opinion, this is just nitpicking.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    #6 rockboy2000, Jan 7, 2016
  7. iTzXtremeGaming

iTzXtremeGaming Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +1,706

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. KingNdm

KingNdm ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +1,495
    Wow, reading is also cool too. After you get past the title can you respond with something that actually addresses any of the points I've made?

Your point about a spawn shop is ridiculous. 1. A spawn shop is not a MACRO MOD. 2. You are able to interact with a spawn shop, because you know the rules state you must have at least 8 trade signs, meaning a successful trade from both parties is taken place.

9. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    Homie... The whole point of the automated money making rule is so that money doesn't get ADDED to the economy. With spawn shops a trade is occurring. Same with classifieds and ads. Your points are irrelevant. As Ndm said, you might want to actually read his suggestion before posting next time...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  10. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Problem is,
    Its one of those rules that if implemented is a 'down to the discretion of the staff team'
    And i hate those kind of rules because favoritism comes into play even more then it already does. But i dunno how you can go about making this illegal...and how to maintain people not doing it

You could make an macro in trade illegal, but then you ruin it for the 95% of people who are using the system fairly,
    You might as well ban people from using Star Rods because some people afk fish.

I understand your point i really do, but like i said, i cant see a system that can actually stop them without making other things worse.

#10 Mission001, Jan 7, 2016
  11. KingNdm

KingNdm ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +1,495
    Woah, all I'm saying is, do make it illegal if they are using it while afk.

12. secretlondon

secretlondon Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +135
    It's a really bad experience. If you want those services you pm the sender and of course they never reply as they're afk.

It's worse when builders ask in trade for a plot. There's no reply then there's a spam mentioning plots. What do you reckon are the chances of them getting a plot from the spammer?

Before Christmas someone was posting a spam everything 3 minutes talking about furniture and saying 'pm me for a tp'. Of course they didn't reply as they weren't there.

13. rockboy2000

rockboy2000 Mayor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +310
    Well once you get past the first sentence of my post I would appreciate it if you actually read my reply. Could I respond to the points you made? Sure, already did that in the bit where I quoted you, and in the rest of it.

Macro mod or not, your logic is that you shouldn't AFK advertise because you can earn money indirectly from it. That's the same case for both classifieds and spawn shops.

With in-game trade ads a trade is also occurring, money is not being added to the economy. Your points are definitely irrelevant, lol.

#13 rockboy2000, Jan 7, 2016
  14. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    My points aren't arguing for or against the suggestion. They're proving your arrogance and stupidity.

• Potato Potato x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. rockboy2000

rockboy2000 Mayor

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +310
    My comments are in the context of the suggestion so if yours are not. In fact, re-reading your comment, all I see you did is make a point against the suggestion i.e:
    So please, if you're going to call me out, at least have your argument make sense, the only one showing stupidity and arrogance is you.

16. KingNdm

KingNdm ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +1,495
    Dude, the point of this suggestion is the use Macro Mod, what are you even saying? Like I, and many others have said, please read the entire post, and comment with some logic. If not, feel free to not respond.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #16 KingNdm, Jan 7, 2016
  17. hofmann_owns

hofmann_owns Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    I don't understand where the disconnect is here. Spawn shops do not needlessly clutter important chat channels, create confusion with "PM me for a teleport/service" nor do they rely upon third-party software to function as is the case with using MacroMod to AFK advertise services and goods. Almost none of your argument makes sense. It strikes me as if you are either trolling or are offended that your reasoning was called into question. I also don't understand how this devolved into ad hominem attacks and combativeness.

+1 to the suggestion, -1 to the way this discussion is going.

18. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    Eh -1 because I see no feasible way to enforce this.

19. HelixInsight

HelixInsight Surgeon
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,280
    Can you suggest a way to enforce this without staff 'discretion'? Like Mission said, I'd hope not to see any circumstantial rules but rules which have little leeway or loopholes to get around the rule, and also those which cannot change.

This would only apply if you wanted to make an alternative to banning automatic trade messages.

#19 HelixInsight, Jan 7, 2016
  20. KingNdm

KingNdm ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +1,495
    I'm not so worried about staff enforcing it like they enforce language in chat. But when someone has that they are afk in their trade message, and are doing tp and water services, that has to be stopped. I just feel this should be illegal because it does give an unfair advantage.