Denied Add Different Prizes and Arenas To Survival Games

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by crowfeather2001, May 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crowfeather2001

crowfeather2001 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

EcoDollars:
    $640,397
    Ratings:
    +237
    Minecraft Name:
    Crow_feather

Suggestion:
    My suggestion is that there be different prizes and arenas added to SG. Prizes that will inspire old players to go back and play a few games here and there. Perhaps it could be something like a Vote Key for Skyblock, or a Nstar in Skyblock, or even Skyblock money. Make the prizes/reward something that more people will care about. As for the people who want to make money off of SG, well that's where the next part comes in....Bring back one or two of the old arenas. The new one is so huge that it just becomes laggy and hard to play in. Besides, the old maps were definitely more interesting. Make one of the arenas a Money Reward only arena and have another one for Skyblock Prizes. This would probably get a lot of pilots from Skyblock back into Main for a bit, hoping to earn some cash or keys. Perhaps there could be Skyblock themed arena made out of islands? I feel this would be a lot more interesting and would help "fix" the whole "main is dead" thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #1 crowfeather2001, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  2. Ozzyblack21

Ozzyblack21 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +12,433
    Considering SG is on feature freeze at the moment, and will be replaced with KitPvP in a month or two, I don't think it's gonna happen.

Yes the arena is laggy, because I personally think it isn't built to be an SG Arena, but that's just my opinion.
    The reason as to why they removed the previous 4 arenas was due to SG dying, and the fact in certain arenas, games would last upwards of 20+ minutes due to people camping. Not saying who they are.

But I guess they thought SG would attract more players with a single arena, which I don't think it did.
    I do like the idea of adding new prizes, but what you've suggested would probably be a bit overpowered, as it's almost the same people day after day playing SG, where you'll see maybe a max of 5 players in a single game.

My point is, I'd like to see different prizes, but with SG being replaced by KitPvP in the near future, it won't happen.

3. crowfeather2001

crowfeather2001 Resident

EcoDollars:
    $640,397
    Ratings:
    +237
    Perhaps Ozzy. But what is going to happen to main once all these other gamemodes are finished? We won't have a "main" server anymore. Not really. I guess what I was trying to to was come up with an "attraction" back to Main, as most people consider Main to be boring.

4. crowfeather2001

crowfeather2001 Resident

EcoDollars:
    $640,397
    Ratings:
    +237
    Also Ozzy, camping happens in the current arena as well.

5. KiwiAngelTwist

KiwiAngelTwist EcoMaster
    EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +202
    I like this idea. I loved sg, but unfortunately cannot play very well because the arena is very laggy. Who am I kidding? I couldn't play very well anyway, but I can't get better because of the lag :D I would just like one or two of the old arenas back; they didn't seem to bother my computer much. As it is I only have the chunks loaded up to 3 on my computer and the current arena still lags :/ I really do miss it.
    +1

#5 KiwiAngelTwist, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  6. freddyagogog

freddyagogog Ex-SMod
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $71,112
    Ratings:
    +512
    I totally +1 this suggestion. This would bring several players on Main server

7. GeorgiaMC

GeorgiaMC Former Server Admin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,975
    I do personally miss the old SG maps, however back when there were 4 arenas no one played still, and bringing people to SG doesn't necessarily mean they'll stay to play main. Sure you might get 5 or 6 players playing SG for the first couple of days but after that, you'll just get the same 2 or 3 people playing occasionally again.

As for 'not having' a main server, main will always be there, sure maybe there won't be 40 players on like before skyblock came out, but it will always be there, and personally, I'm happy just sitting on main building my towns whether there are lots of players on or not. Imo main will also liven back up once the skyblock hype has died down/ main players have got prestige. Also, people have a lot invested in main to the point where they won't just stop playing suddenly with the intent of never playing again.

TL;DR: There's no point putting work into this when KitPVP is coming out and there are plenty of better things that the time it would take to implement this could be used for, especially when SG isn't going to be around for much longer anyway.

8. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    I'm planning on having sg be a separate server, which should help with the lack of players. The point of the main server is the ranks and towns, not sg.

Georgia touches on basically everything that I'd say. No need to repeat it.

If you'd like to suggest things for the new sg, please tag it [New SG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    I do like the idea of adding stuff to try and make Main feel like the Main server.
    But i think it stems beyond just SG
    Higher Ranks need more perks to encourage users to want to actually rank up and play on Main.

What are these extra perks? I don't have a full/proper list otherwise I would make a suggestion but its always been a problem that there was 0 point of ranking up past Tycoon. The addition on Prestige is a good start, though there needs to be a money sink for end game players too.

But I digress lol

10. crowfeather2001

crowfeather2001 Resident

EcoDollars:
    $640,397
    Ratings:
    +237
    Yeah, excellent points, all of you.
    More what I meant was that there will be less people on Main.
    Also yeah, I know Main is a LOT more than just SG, but when new players log on, most often they ask about Hunger Games or Survival Games. I'm just saying that making SG more interesting would be nice. Can't wait for the PvP server tbh.

11. Firekiller77

Firekiller77 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +37
    Crow_feather Id love to make my own map of my own full scale version of my house complete with basement attic and front/back yards

12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Survival Games is on lock down.
    We are not currently accepting any Survival Games suggestions.
    We have yet to decide what will happen with Survival Games & Kit PvP.

Once we launch a PvP game mode, we will accept suggestions in regards to it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.