[Tutorial] How to make Trade-Signs!

Discussion in 'Basic Tutorials' started by Jetscat, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Jetscat

Jetscat Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +995
    [​IMG]
    Hello. I'm going too be showing you guys how to make a Trade Sign. Note; Trade Signs are only for *Residents*+. This tutorial wont work for anyone lower then that rank. (Builder). I understand there's a Tutorial on the WikiPedia, but the Wikipedia is used less then these forums, so I assumed i'd post it here, in my own words. Hope you guys enjoy, if you have any Questions/Concerns/Requests, please post them below, and i'll try to support you.​
    [​IMG] Buying Items With A Trade Sign! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Step #1 - Get a sign. ;) [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Step #2 - Open up the Sign (Into editing mode). For the first line, you want to write [Trade] - This is essential for all Trade signs you make, Buying or Selling. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Step #3 - This line represents what you're buying, so for example, if i'm buying 64 Pork [​IMG]. You'd write '64 Pork'. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Step #4 - This line represents the Price, and the amount of the item you want to be bought. So for example, if I wanted my pork to sell for $64, and let's say that I only want to sell 128 Pork, you'd do $64:128. [​IMG]

Below is what it should look like when the trade sign is done: (Note: You don't need to write your name at the end, once you do all the steps above, and exit out of the Sign, it'll be there.)​
    [Trade]
    64 Pork
    $64:128
    Jetscat
    [​IMG] Selling With A Trade Sign! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Step #1 - Get a sign. ;) [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Step #2 - Open up the sign. Of course, as above, type [Trade]. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Step #3 - Cost of the item you're selling. So for example; $90 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Step #4 - The first line you write how much the users will be buying your item in, so how many diamonds for $90, we're going to do 1. So we'd write; 1 and then, press space, The next line is the item, so we're going to do Diamond, so write; Diamond - Great, so far you should have 1 Diamond - And then, you do colon, and then amount for sale. So you should have this: 1 Diamond:500 this would mean, 1 Diamond is selling for $90, there's 500 diamonds. [​IMG]
    Below is an example when the Trade-Sign is done. (Note: You don't need to write your name at the end, once you do all the steps above, and exit out of the Sign, it'll be there.)​
    [Trade]
    $90
    1 Diamond:500
    Jetscat

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Tkick

Tkick EcoTkickles
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +48
    Love it!

I'd just like to add the item id's and how to get them. Instead of using "pork" or "diamond", which is easy for everyone, you can be more complicated because you enjoy being complex! Type /itemdb to find the item id, and you can use that instead of the words! Example of 1 diamond selling for $175 with a 3000 quantity limit is:

[Trade]
    $175
    1 264:3000
    Tkick

This can be especially useful when selling dye or potions. If you do not find the item id in the game, you can always google it! Here is a list of data values. Thanks for reading!

#2 Tkick, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  3. deathtoll1

deathtoll1 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +12
    Huh? Look at this: ' Step #3 - This line represents what you're buying, so for example, if i'm buying 64 Pork . You'd write '64 Pork'.

Step #4 - This line represents the Price, and the amount of the item you want to be bought. So for example, if I wanted my pork to sell for $64, and let's say that I only want to sell 128 Pork, you'd do $64:128. '
    Ok? In step 3 you wrote if you are buying 64 pork, but in step 4 you are selling it for $64? Shouldn't it be you are buying for $64 and only want to buy 128 pork?